Licensed Dispensing Optician .75 FTE w/ Benefits in Spokane "NO Weekends or Holidays"
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Group Health Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Group Health
Our mission is to enrich peoples lives by improving health. As a Group Health employee, your role is to deliver on that mission every day by living our valuesCustomer Focus, Accountability, Innovation, Excellence, and Integrity. You take initiative, set goals, and solve problems while collaborating with friends and colleagues. Together we make a meaningful impact on our community.
In return, Group Health is committed to providing you competitive pay, excellent benefits, and an opportunity to make a difference each day as we strive to reach our vision to be the preferred health care partner by excelling in quality, service, and affordability.
Primary duties to include:
* Provide technical and patient care support to members and other customers. Sell, fit, dispense, measure and adjust contact lenses and other optical devices in accordance with written prescriptions
* Eyewear selection, sales, and dispensing
* Contact lens selection, sale, fitting and instruction. Problem solving
* Rx ordering, check-in of Rx's, Verification, Lab functions such as tinting, edging, repairs, contact lens modification and
* Fill staff shortage in other areas
Hours will be variable, but may include Tuesday- Friday work days. Will work 30 hours per week to include (3) 8-hour shifts and (1) 6-hour shift.
* New graduates licensed in the state of WA are strongly encouraged to apply!*
Minimum Education Requirements
High School Diploma/GED
Associates Degree relevant field/ graduate of a Optician program
Minimum Knowledge/Skills Requirements
Intermediate proficiency in all aspects of opticianary. Craftsmanship skills.
Minimum Experience Requirements
3 years Relevant experience or NEW GRADUATES OF AN OPTICIAN PROGRAM WITH A CURRENT LICENSE
Minimum License/Certifications Requirements
At time of hire Washington State Dispensing Optician License.
Group Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
J2W code: ALL1ED