Licensed Masters Social Worker PRN
Job Code: 00073-83333
PLAZA MEDICAL CENTER IS LOOKING FOR A LICENSED MASTERS SOCIAL WORKER
WORK SCHEDULE: PRN
Under the direct supervision of the Director and Supervisor of Case Management LMSW performs discharge planning; and collaborates with the full case management/patient care team for the purpose of optimizing patient care and resource usage. The Social Worker (LMSW) will evaluate the psychosocial needs of patients and family support systems and will coordinate appropriate and timely implementation of discharge plans for identified patient populations; facilitate follow-up to anticipated post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care; acts as a liaison between the facility and resources external to the organization. He/she will assist the RN Case Manager in facilitating patient movement across the continuum of care and will identify and track barriers to patient throughput; provides crisis intervention and support.
* Graduate of an accredited school of Social Work with a minimum of a Master s of Science in Social Work (MSW).
* Current Texas licensure as a Licensed Social Worker (LMSW).
* Certification in Case Management (CCM) or obtain within two-years of employment preferred.
* Minimum of two-year s experience in a hospital setting (Acute Care Hospital experience preferred) with a strong knowledge of payer systems.
* Hours and shifts may vary to include holidays, weekends and evenings.
* The taking of call may be required.
* Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships.
* Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats.
Last Edited: 09/19/2016