Licensed Medical Social Worker - Social Work Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Provide social work services in an acute care academic medical setting as part of a multidisciplinary patient care team. Address the psychosocial aspects of acute, chronic and/or terminal illness with patients and their families. Handle psychosocial issues of a complex nature requiring an advanced level of practice skills. Services include: psychosocial assessments, care coordination, discharge planning, crisis counseling, information & referral, protective services and patient education. Duties may also include assisting with program development, quality improvement, professional staff education and/or supervision of students. Work under the supervision of the Corporate Director of Social Work or designee.
* Master s degree in social work from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
* MO LMSW or MO LMSW obtained within 90 days of hire
* Knowledge of theory and practice of social work at the MSW level and basic research skills
* Must have the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and with patients of various ages, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
* Must have excellent written/verbal communication skills
* Previous experience in a health care setting as a medical social worker or case manager working with patients experiencing acute, chronic or terminal illness
* Addtional experience in mental health and substance abuse desirable
8:00AM - 4:30PM