Licensed Practical Nurse - Full Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLicensed Practical Nurse - Full Time
Job Id: 44225
Assists practitioners with patient care, physical examinations, ancillary tests, and performs a variety of clerical duties in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures.
If you re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Escorts patients to exam room, prepares patients for examination and treatment and assists the practitioner, as requested.
* Draws blood and prepares appropriate paperwork for laboratory pick-up.
* Performs urine drug screens, using proper chain of custody; ensures preparation for pick-up and shipment to appropriate laboratory.
* Maintains exam rooms, lab area and treatment rooms clean and stocked, maintaining inventory of supplies and re-orders as needed.
* Assists in medical record maintenance.
* Performs front office clerical duties such as answering telephones, check-in, check-out and record processing.
* Dispenses medications as directed by practitioner and in accordance with state regulations.
* Maintains and operates all clinical equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
* Performs ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the Center Medical Director ( PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws) in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Performs other duties, as assigned.
* Graduate of an approved Licensed Practical nursing program.
Current registration/license in the state where employed.
Successful completion of UDS, BAT, PFT, FIT, etc., certification.
* Minimum one year experience in occupational health nursing or related field.
* Demonstrated knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific).
* Demonstrated working knowledge of clinical operations.
* Demonstrated ability to train medical assistants under the direction of the Center Medical Director.
* Demonstrated excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Demonstrated willingness to participate in Continuing Medical Education.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Fast paced environment
Clinic Environment * This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
* 401(k) with Employer Match
* Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
* Life Insurance/Disability
* Paid Time Off
* Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran