Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN / Home Care - ReqCode 1060070
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJoin a Leader in Home Care at Willcare -
It's all about helping people achieve more!Willcare is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
Utilizes the nursing process under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse to provide for optimum quality and continuity of nursing care. Demonstrates the core nursing competencies established by the agency to ensure effective and efficient care on an ongoing basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR POSITION:
* Adheres to the scope of practice for Licensed Practical Nurse per state regulatory guidelines
* Promote the level of clinical expertise required of staff to provide safe, high quality nursing care
* Remains flexible and responsive when changes occur in patient activity and workload
* Completes and submits required documentation within established agency guidelines
* Monitors visit frequency and duration by reviewing physicians' orders and comparing to the plan of care and documentation
* Provide feedback to Registered Nurse in order to assist in evaluation and revision of appropriateness of plan of care
* Facilitates effective communication among other clinicians providing care to the patient
* Demonstrates knowledge of therapeutic action, side effects and interaction of medications
* Follows physician's orders accurately, promptly and without deviation and/or refers to the appropriate team member.
* Provides on-going nursing care as instructed by the Registered Nurse .
* Recognizes and reports to the Registered Nurse potential emergency / life threatening situations.
* Provides the care needed as described in the Agency's policies and procedures.
* Suggest referrals to appropriate community resources as necessary.
* Participates in the agency's weekend and holiday assignments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AGENCY EMPLOYEES:
* Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Mission, Purpose and Philosophy.
* Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Takes initiative and responsibility for decisions as an individual and as a company. Exhibits commitment to personal and company-wide goals.
* Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
* Places needs of the patient first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the patient's healing and support in mind. Strives to deliver lasting value to our patients in the comfort of their home.
* Strives to help lead the industry through vision, technology, innovation, and customer service.
* Strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees, patients, and community.
* Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and patients.
* Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
* Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
* Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
* Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Adheres to departmental and agency dress codes as observed by supervisor.
* Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, agency PI activities and other meetings as requested.
* Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost effective manner
* Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Observe infection control and standard precautions.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* Degree as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
* Current license / registration by state of hire as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
* One (1) year experience in medical / surgical nursing required
* Successful completion of a Competency and Proficiency Test and Skills evaluation appropriate for the position upon hire
* Prior home care experience preferred
PERSONAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Pass a physical examination after being offered employment and a health assessment annuallythereafter. Must obtain a statement from MD stating that the employee is free of communicablediseases.*
* Ability to travel day-to-day within geographic areas.
* Able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations,reposition a bedbound patient alone and able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull, climb, reach, lift ,and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities.
* May be exposed to dog / cat hair, dust, mold, mildew and household cleaning solutions.
* May be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some home settings.
* May be exposed to high crime areas within the service community.
* Endure exposure to weather and temperature extremes.
Almost Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life and Accidental Death Insurance
* Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
* Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
* 401-k Retirement Plan
If you have a passion for seniors, a special place awaits you on our Senior Advocacy Team!