Staffing Coordinator - Tampa, FL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 5/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONBioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are seeking a Staffing Coordinator to join our team.
This position coordinates and provides all aspects of staffing services to the patient with the assistance of Company managers, Clinical Coordinator and Nurse Manager. Communicates with all field personnel regarding scheduling.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Coordinates patient information, initial nurse and pharmacy assessment for staffing, deliveries and the start of care.
* Schedules all nurse staffing related to patient care for maximum continuity of patient care.
* Assists branch management by meeting will all professional personnel seeking employment.
* Participates in on-call rotation as needed including covering holidays weekdays and weekend days when necessary.
* Checks on promptness of scheduled clinical field staff.
* Maintains continual communication with patients, supervisors, field staff and agencies regarding problems and/or special needs of patients and the staff.
* Communicates all problems and reportable situations to the appropriate administrator.
* Reviews time slips and answers payroll questions.
* Performs computer functions including but not limited to input, reports, searches and schedules.
* Communicates patient and employee information to answering services when necessary.
* Correctly documents Intake of new patients.
* Participates and completes all Company mandated safety, legal and ethical compliance requirements in a timely manner.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and with the highest ethical standards.
* Coordinate staffing in a timely manner while also adhering to confidentiality and ethics as discussed in the compliance program.
* Process all required paperwork according to established procedures.
* Answers telephone calls in a professional and timely manner.
* Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager.
* Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent required; associate's degree preferred. Minimum one (1) year experience in staffing and/or nursing background preferred. Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and organizational skills required.
* Knowledge of accreditation standards, laws and regulations and industry standards of practice.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
* Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the principles, procedures and best practices related to this position.
* Proficient verbal and written communication skills; proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with all employee levels.
* Proficient level of software proficiency in using PC software to support activities, especially Microsoft Office.
* Ability to work with confidential material and maintain confidentiality is required along with sensitivity to employee's needs and data.
* Careful attention to detail.
* Follows the Company policies and Code of Conduct .
* Consistently behaves in compliance with the Company's legal and ethical policies and procedures.
* Plans and organizes work effectively.
* Displays a neat, clean, professional appearance or demeanor at all times.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret clinical information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from referral sources, managers, patients, employees, payors and the general public.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of abstract variables.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.