Licensing Assistant 8/26/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ADVERTISEMENT TEXT
Reporting to the Director of the Office of Technology Transfer, the Temporary Licensing Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Director in the support of research and licensing intellectual property.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Success in an environment of deadlines, shifting priorities, and compliance.
* Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of computer databases and electronic communications software.
* Tact, professionalism, and demonstrated experience in working with confidential information.
* Proven ability to work successfully both as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
* Ability to understand and to clearly communicate legal requirements of federal regulations to researchers and other constituencies.
* Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a wide range of diverse constituents.
* Two years of experience in research administration, paralegal duties or contract administration.
* Experience in academic technology transfer preferred.
* Bachelor s degree in the sciences or engineering, with a broad technical base.
* Paralegal certificate or the equivalent preferred.
Temp - Professional
Temporary Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Nila Bhakuni, Director
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Tech Transfer Office Operations
* Under the supervision of the Director, advises faculty, students, and administrators on intellectual property issues, ensuring adherence to compliance procedures.
* Works with the Office of Sponsored Projects and other Dartmouth offices as appropriate regarding intellectual property and confidentiality issues.
* Supports tech transfer assessment, market research, prior art searches, and collecting and compiling ancillary documents
* Enters agreement information into the Tech Transfer database and monitors accuracy and completeness of database records.
* With the supervision of the Director, negotiates and drafts various agreements with the private sector and other non-profits, such as sponsored research, material transfer, testing, confidentiality, inter-institutional agreements and standard license agreements.
* As appropriate, works with inventors and administrators, outside patent counsel, licensing attorneys, and industry representatives in the conduct of technology transfer activities.
Performs other duties as assigned.