Licensing & Business Development 9/2/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Key Accountabilities:
* Partner with strategy and portfolio development group to develop and implement licensing strategy for gene editing patent portfolio.
* Develop an internal network with patents, legal and SMI, Life Science, and Merck KGaA business development personnel to execute on the promise venture strategy.
* Close Opportunities that involve the Products or Services that include the application of the Company s patent-protected assets.
* Primary individual to determine fit of Opportunities with MilliporeSigma s technical capabilities
* Monitor incoming solicitations for strategic fit
* Represent Company by negotiating terms and conditions
* Serve as key interface with IP attorneys within the Company
* Assist GENM venture in identifying gaps and opportunities for in-licensing and out-licensing of gene editing portfolio
* Develop relationships with key thought leaders in the specific therapeutic target areas selected for product development
* Assist in identifying acquisition candidates and/or in-licensing or out-licensing opportunities
* Meet company expectations for overall revenue growth for gene-editing based Services, driven and supported by The Gene Editing Novel Modalities promise venture
* Minimum 10 years leadership experience in licensing, Marketing, Sales or relevant business area.
* MBA, legal degree, or advanced business or technical degree required.
* Deep understanding of Company s current patent position related to gene editing technologies, including Zinc Finger nuclease and CRISPR applications
* Ability to understand current Applied Product Line and how development of novel capabilities can be effectively monetized.
* Facilitates the constant flow of new ideas, excitement and energy necessary to maintain a high growth sales environment.
* Understands the crucial interdependencies that allow R&D, Business Development, Legal, Quality and Operations to work in an integrated fashion.
* Possesses marketing and business analysis skills to enable effective positioning of the BU in its market space. Specific working knowledge of relevant gene editing technologies and the Company s ability to maximize it s position in relation to competing technologies and/or claims.
* Strategic and visionary, with the operating experience to drive synergies, identify market opportunities and manage cost efficiencies.
* Skilled expert in all matters related to ZFN, CRISPR and other gene editing technologies,
* Skilled expert at negotiating service or product licenses that involve utilization of the Company s IP.
* Must be able to communicate the principles behind highly complex technical decisions to a business-oriented audience to ensure high level understanding and support. Is able to distil multi-phase development projects into basic contributing principles in order to make a case to senior management.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.