Licensing & Compliance Manager (Lake Mary)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Lake Mary, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
The Licensing and Compliance Manager will serve as the primary backup license holder for Sears Home Improvement Products to be able to continue to be in business, upon the loss of any of the primary license holders. This position will also serve as the primary Auditor of Field Compliance to ensure we have
a legal and ethical process of conducting business.
* Serves as a secondary License Holder in 60+ licensing jurisdictions. Maintain all licenses in a updated status
* Serves as business expert for procedures and regulations related to State and local agency demands for the types of products sold and installed
* Serves as check and balance for reviews, develops and implements policies and procedures necessary to comply with government regulations and company policies
* Serves as the licensed backup by preparing for, passing examinations and meeting all other requirements of State and local governments
* Will serve as primary Licensing and Compliance Auditor for compliance with the requirements with State and Local Licensing
* Will be fluent in company policies and other Licensing and Compliance regulations in order to evaluate non-compliant behavior that occur at the field level
* Serves as the backup to the accounting function advisor that prepares, submits and maintains all corporate registrations, licenses, bonds and other documents needed for the company to stay compliant with Corporate and Government Agencies
* Conduct regular audit/investigations of non-compliance and provide guidance/advise to
the appropiate manager
* Will function as backup for the reviews of roofing installer subcontractor documentation for qualifications to meet company requirements
* Will act as Subject Matter Expert to both the field and to the Regulatory Affairs Manager on issues involving our product offerings
* Thorough knowledge of construction processes and techniques with emphasis on residential construction
* Ability to pass State Licensing requirements for any State in which the company operates
* Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
* Strong knowledge of legal statues, codes and regulations related to contractor licensing
* Strong reading, writing and oral communication skills. Includes ability to understand and interpret statues and regulations related to contractor licensing
* Ability to talk to contractor boards and regulators persuasively and clearly to advance licensing needs.
* Strong organizational and project management skills
* Well developed research skills.
* Skilled in negotiation and persuasion
Education: Some College and/or Advanced Technical training
Years of experience: Over 10 years
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.