Life Safety Installation Tech
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Life Safety Installation Tech SimplexGrinnell
About the role:
* This field position primary duty is to install, program, configure, commission and service Fire Alarm and Life Safety Systems at our clients sites.
* Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Coordinate the installation activities with all trades to optimize installation time.
* Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Who were looking for:
* 2 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, CCTV, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems preferred
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
* Experience with hand tools test equipment, multi-meter usage, digital analyzer and commissioning devices.
* Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
* Overnight travel may be required.
* Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
* Possess a valid drivers license and driving record that meets company requirements.
* Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
* Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
* Ability to obtain within first 2 years of employment NICET Level II certification.