Lifeguard - PT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for ensuring safety at the water slide area at the Resort Pool.
* Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
* Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
* Presents professional appearance and altitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
* Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
* Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports and daily logs of events.
* Handles or refers other problems and situations as they arise within the facility to the Operational Supervisor.
* Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
* Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
* Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
* Attend department meetings as scheduled along with department staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED equivalent. Prior experience lifeguarding a pool in a resort or country club setting. 1 year of previous lifeguard experience required. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Valid driver s license. Current certification of Lifeguard, Title 22, First Aid, CPR, AED, and Child Abuse/Neglect class. If not complete, La Costa will provide within 30 days of hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: