Lighting Efficiency Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently seeking a creative lighting efficiency engineer to join the team as a member of our growing Rocky Mountain Division. You will work on projects that implement energy savings, participate in the implementation of your work, and see your project all the way through completion. We're growing and we're looking for dynamic problem solvers that can help us expand our business into new regions.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
McKinstry is a full-service, design-build firm specializing in consulting, construction, energy and facility services. The firm's innovative, integrated delivery methodology provides clients with a single point of accountability that drives waste and redundancy out of the design/build process. With nearly 2,000 professional staff and trades people throughout the United States and operations in more than 15 states, McKinstry advocates collaborative, sustainable solutions designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and optimize profitability "For The Life of Your Building." For more information, visit www.mckinstry.com.
This person will be responsible for:
Lighting Audits in Existing Buildings for Retrofit Applications
* Evaluate all lighting system types in varying vertical markets
* Develop detailed lighting audits that maintain high accuracy in terms of scope, costing and associated energy cost savings
* Document room by room light layout including lighting controls
Lighting Energy Analysis
* Assist with the development of turnkey lighting and lighting control solutions that meet the cost effective criteria established for projects
* Maintain involvement in projects during the construction phase to ensure that project goals are maintained, including providing punch-list and quality assurance support
* Support sales efforts by generating preliminary assessments, helping in pre-qualification of clients, and assisting in the development of energy services proposals
* Provide support in presentations, studies, and other necessary sales support functions
* Maintain standards and processes related to the development of lighting projects that increases efficiency and profitability
* Perform lighting design in existing and new construction
* Perform field evaluation of lighting systems, including lighting controls
* Develop standards and processes related to the development of lighting projects that increases efficiency and profitability
* Provide direction and oversight to design, energy engineering, sub consultants, and other required resources and activities related to lighting work
* Provide technical support and assistance to staff, including national team
* Act as the subject matter expert for lightingKeep informed on changes within the lighting industry and be an active participant in related professional associations
* Introduce new technologies and methodologies that will enhance our lighting offerings
* Lead and/or participate in discussions and meetings with subcontractors, vendors, architects, customers and management
* Communicates the necessary information to Client, Program Manager or Construction Manager.
* Communicates with other departments (purchasing, accounting, warehousing, etc.) to successfully manage projects.
* Represents McKinstry in outside meetings
* Deploy logger
* Manage lighting rebate application processes
* Perform on-site construction inspections and punchlist creation
* Assist commissioning team with creation of pre-functional tests and commissioning lighting controls
* Work directly with local utilities and clients
Job Specific Knowledge
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
* Proficient in evaluating electrical drawings.
* Ability to communicate clearly with clients and utility partners.
* Complete understanding of Lighting systems and design.
* Fundamental understanding of electrical systems.
* Carry out other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* Four (4) year college-level training in architecture, architectural engineering, engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
* Two (2) to three (3) years experience in lighting design.
* Experience in the design specification process preferred.
* Some construction or engineering-related work experience desired.
* Experience with AutoCad and/or REVIT preferred.
* Experience with AGi32 or other modeling software preferred.
* Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
* Physical ability to navigate jobsites in uneven terrain.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.