Limited Energy Communications Technician - LEA or LEB
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 1/31/2017
IES Holdings, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
* Able to install and terminate (CAT 3, CAT 5, CAT 6) jacks into floor boxes, modular furniture and wall outlets.
* Adhere to IES Commercial and customer labeling requirements and standards.
* Equipment closets and data rooms must be able to mount and install backboards, racks, and shelves. Install cross connects, patch panels, fiber optic, and hardware.
* Able to terminate 110/66 blocks and patch panels.
* Able to identify and test active voice and data circuits.
* Adhere to and participate in company, customer and industry quality standards and regulations.
* Adhere to and participate in IES commercial safety regulations.
* Basic hand tools Screw drivers, cable strippers, scissors, flashlight, pliers, tape measure, torpedo level and drywall saw.
* Trade Tools Punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, 6/8 position combo crimp tool, and Krone 3M/BIX, Multi-meter Tester
* Power Tools Cordless Drill
* Physical Requirements
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, and professional.
* Must promote company culture in a positive way to all other employees, vendors and clients.
* Must possess appropriate trade skills and be able to complete projects in a timely manner.
* Must possess good problem solving skills, and the ability to follow specific instructions.
* Must be able to work at heights and on a ladder.
* Must be able to distinguish different colors and read small print.
* Must be able to hear and recognize audible signals and sounds such as dial tones.
* Educational Requirements
* Must possess at least a high school diploma or GED equivalency.
* Must possess the knowledge to identify and understand the difference between CAT 3, CAT5:Riser, Fiber Optic: PVC, riser rated and plenum cable, Plenum and PVC environments.
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen, and when applicable if duties involve operating motor vehicle must be able to pass motor vehicle record check.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Active and valid Oregon LEA Journeyman or LEB (Voice/Data) Journeyman license.
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2016 fiscal year ending September 30, 2016, IES produced over $695 million in revenue and employed close to 4,000 employees at over 77 locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law -EEO is the Law poster & EEO is the Law poster supplement, on the following URLs :
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify