This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Is responsible for performing duties that pertain to the cooking and preparation of customer orders in the main kitchen. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
* Works under the supervision and direction of the Head Chef of the restaurant
* Is well trained on the operation of all kitchen equipment, including but not limited to: meat and cheese slicer, food processor, multiple types of kitchen cutlery, steamers, griddles, flat tops, ovens, burners, mixers, and other equipment used in the preparation of food and ingredients
* Communicates restaurant food preparation needs to Head Chef; refers to par levels established by restaurant Head Chef
* Cooks all food to order and works together with other kitchen employees to ensure that all customer food is being delivered hot and fresh
* Works with a high sense of urgency to meet order preparation goal
* Responds well to special orders; corrects mistakes quickly; looks to exceed customer needs at all times
* Cleans and maintains all equipment; insures all safety policies and standards are being followed at all times; reports issues to Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty immediately
* Follows and adheres to all Food Safety guidelines and standards set forth by La Brea Bakery, local, state, and federal governing bodies
* Uses weights and measures to maintain consistency and control costs
* Is constantly aware of the business needs and maintains proper levels of production; anticipates the need and takes initiative to maintain proper levels of food production
* Sweeps and mops
* May be asked to assist in the prep of ingredients before, during, and after operating hours; to include cooking of bacon and preparation of vegetables along with other side work assigned by the Head Chef
* May be asked to cut and portions all meats according to spec, including cutting, splitting, and marinating foods
* May be asked to cut and portion cheeses according to spec
* Maintains work area clean and free of clutter; always aware of the details
* Does not serve food that is not up to the highest standards
* Performs other tasks or duties assigned by managers
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Personal Appearance- In complete La Brea Bakery uniform: shirt tucked in, clean, and ironed, wearing and visibly displaying name tag; appropriately groomed; no facial piercing; no tongue rings; no visible tattoos
Positive Attitude-Has a positive and welcoming attitude. Always smiles and goes the extra mile to
provide unparalleled service.
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Interpersonal - Listens to others without interrupting.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Responds well to questions.
Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Takes the initiative to make sure all of the restaurant needs are being met; looks for ways to contribute
Respect Respects all customers, managers, and other employees.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Clearly communicates special requests with management, including shift changes.
Dependability Can be counted to help when needed.
Sense of Urgency- Works well in keeping pace with the business needs, always anticipating flux in business; is under control and well prepared at all times
Quality Is detailed oriented; display high standards with everything that is done; treats all restaurant equipment with respect
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos such as recipes, build sheets, and par sheets.
Certificates and Licenses:
* Must have current and valid ServSafe Food Handler Certification
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and taste or smell.
The employee may be required to frequently lift or occasionally move up to 20-50 pounds.
The essential job functions of the job for which you are applying are included in this document.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.