Line Cook - Club - PT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe re an insurance company. With two golf courses. A party center. And an inn.
And we re looking for smart, prompt and courteous team players who are interested in part time or seasonal employment. Join a team where you can learn new things and meet interesting people. It s an exciting place to work with great benefits!
Westfield Insurance has been around since 1848 and has a long-standing reputation for helping customers and the communities we serve. To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com.
LINE COOK JOB SUMMARY
$11.61 an hour
The Line Cook, as directed, performs a variety of commercial kitchen duties (e.g. setting up work station, prepping food, cooking, cleaning, stocking) at various/assigned Westfield Group Home Office locations including Westfield Country Club, Blair Center, Home Office Corporate Dining or Westfield Inn. Under supervision, prepares food to the exact specifications of the Chef.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND/OR REASONS THE JOB EXISTS IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* Working under supervision, performs Line Cook duties including preparing food to the exact specifications of the Chef.
* Prepares work station before the start of each service, making sure that all the supplies that will be needed for the shift are available and ready for use. This can include preparing some items in advance, or performing simple tasks such as stocking the station with plates and bowls.
* Preps food for service each day. Duties include but are not limited to chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces.
* Cooks items requested from work station. This requires working with other cooks in the kitchen to make sure that food is ready at the right time, in the right order so that it arrives at the customers table ready to eat and at the right temperature.
* Cleans station and assists with kitchen cleanup including disposing of garbage, cleaning utensils, pots, and pans, and cleaning cooking surfaces.
* Takes care of leftover food while maintaining food safety and Westfield s high standards. Depending on the food item, it can be properly stored, disposed of, returned to the correct inventory location.
* Stocks kitchen including assisting in unloading delivery trucks and storing inventory correctly. Reports low inventory to appropriate supervisor.
* Achieves the high standards of quality, production, cooperation, and service set by Westfield Group for our employees, guest and customers.
* Complies with all OSHA and Westfield safety/training/certification standards within required timeframes.
* Consistently reports to work on time, as scheduled.
* May travel between Westfield on-campus facilities as needed.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATION/EDUCATION (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* Previous commercial kitchen experience.
* Culinary degree/certificate, is currently working toward degree/certificate, OR commensurate experience.
* Ability to effectively communicate and receive instructions from leader, co-workers, and customers both verbally and in writing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in a commercial kitchen environment for 40+ hours per week.
* Ability to work with frequent variations in temperature, both hot and cold, typical of a commercial kitchen environment.
* Ability to remain on feet; standing, walking (including climbing stairs) for extended periods of time throughout the work day.
* Ability to lift and carry 50lbs.
* Ability to bend and reach.
* Ability to operate various commercial kitchen/cooking tools and equipment.
* Ability to work evenings, and weekends and holidays.
* Ability to work outdoors as needed.
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.