Line Flow Facilitator - 3rd Shift Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
Maple Grove, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION: US-MN-Maple Grove
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions including heart, digestive, pulmonary, vascular, urological, pelvic health, and chronic pain conditions. We are a leading innovator of medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets.
Responsibilities that include data analysis and identification of process improvement opportunities. The role will span all operations within the department and will give the successful candidate a thorough understanding of all aspects of the value stream. Projects will heavily incorporate lean manufacturing, theory of constraints, quick response manufacturing, Just-In-Time, Methods-Time Measurement, or a variety of other systems improvement philosophies.
- Learn and gain a thorough understanding of all processes/operations within the value stream with a goal to become a subject matter expert.
- Typical workday will be 10pm - 6am (3rd shift). Must have flexibility to be able to work on assignments on 1st or 2nd shift periodically.
- Analyzes line and component flow to drive the reduction of interruptions to production.
- Assists Production Supervisor in the analyzing, designing, and implementation of manufacturing and business process improvement, resulting in increased capacity, reduced lead-time, reduction in the work-in-process, improved fill-rates, and improved process flow and overall efficiency.
- Assists in the design, implementation and maintenance of effective Quality, Cost, and Delivery metrics with key stakeholders to ensure unbridled supply is achieved.
- Participates in cross-functional groups across the organization including manufacturing, design, supplier development, and documentation.
- Creates, develops, and maintains strong relationships with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure project success.
- Makes recommendations to cross-functional support teams, which drive higher yielding, lower cost, more manufactural products.
- AA Degree or equivalent work experience in related discipline
- One year of related experience
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated history of success working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to problem solve using Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Ability to work across multiple levels within the organization
- 4 year degree in a technical field preferred
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading projects
- Experience working in an SAP environment
- Demonstrated experience implementing Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Experience participating in and/or leading Kaizen events
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Facilities, ERP, SAP, Supply, Business Process, Operations, Technology, Management