This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Campbell Soup Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONIMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
* Ensures immediate investigations for all safety related incidents (i.e. near misses, injuries, etc.). Manages entry into MyOsh. Maintains production records. Inputs data in Production Reporting Database and SAP software.
* Completes / assigns members of the team to conduct safety audits, ladder inspections, JSA reviews, Conducts weekly JSA Audits, collects Behavioral Observations.
* Proactively manages safety programs and initiatives; drives a "zero accident, zero lost time" expectation to the production floor.
* Model company policies and consistently apply to all employees. Coach and discipline employees where appropriate. Resolves employee issues, questions, and complaints; maintains a positive employee relations environment.
* Ensures time and attendance records are accurate.
* Coordinates and documents OJT for team members. Ensures TWI methodology is being followed. Makes recommendations concerning progress to Area Manager.
* Communicates thoroughly with the previous shift at shift DDS meetings regarding safety, equipment, or product issues, personnel problems, unfinished task workload, special requests or requirements, crewing shortages, schedule changes or any situation requiring attention.
* Identifies and elevates employee relations issues to Area Manager and / or HR.
* Recognizes and makes recommendations for rewarding employees that exhibit solid performance and behaviors.
* Product Release Authority for Line - Review and approve all Quality & Food Safety documents for accurate completion, correct LR-GR references & proper cross-outs.
* Communicate/Support/Document Foreign Material Findings & Hold/Non-Conformances - Immediately escalate to Area Manager and appropriate cross-functional team members for investigation; serve as a resource to ensure product Food Safety & Quality is maintained. Document findings in appropriate paperwork and contain all necessary paperwork. Manage Hold containment and communication for Raw Materials, Packaging, and Finished Products.
* Document Control Management - Comprehensive understanding of Document Control & SharePoint. Serve as Operations sign-off for new/updated line documents then communicate changes to shift.Verify that all documents on floor are correct version on a bi-weekly basis. Develop one point lessons, request document updates, or other innovative solutions to improve practices of shift.
* Verify PreOp Inspections, Allergen C/Os, and Maintenance Clean Up - Ensure team is accurately completing PreOp inspections at C/Os. Verify line is visually clean during allergen C/Os - build bench strength for line operators to complete the task. Inspect & Sign-Off that line is free of maintenance materials after emergency work is completed. Complete Cold Start Pre-Op Inspections and provide feedback to Sanitation team for immediate and long term correction.
* Coach on GMPs and Food Safety - Understand all Quality & Food Safety Policies (and where to locate them). Ensure line/shift is in compliance; request additional training or support as necessary. Identify opportunities to improve Quality & Food Safety. Participate as HACCP Team Member. Ensure all principles of SQF, HACCP, CTS, Food Safety, and associated policies are complied to.
* Understand & Communicate QA Metrics for Line - Review QA metrics weekly and share with line team to drive improvement. Metrics include but are not limited to Consumer Complaints, Foreign Material Finds, # Holds, Yeast/Mold Swab Results, Sales feedback, etc.
* Audit Process -Reinforce correct practices by auditing at a minimum the following...
* Traceability (Lot Code Check Sheets)
* Metal Detection (Correct Frequency & Process)
* LR-GR Checks (Match actual bags & ref sheet)
* Manage Finished Product Quality - Ensure team accurately measures finished product to Quality specifications. Determine if product meets criteria and can be released as first or if it shall be placed on hold or sent to Thrift. Understand root cause of product quality issues (baking 101) and make real time adjustments to improve product based on observations and feedback.
* New Product/Enabler Commercialization - For testing, have team pull appropriate samples and control product for evaluation. Increase frequency of finished product checks and compare to control - highlight any changes that will cause production or quality issues.
* Insures production supplies required for operations are available based on production schedules and coordinates materials from storage area. By partnering with the Area Manager, develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
* Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
* Report bowls consumed and units deliver in an accurate and timely manner. Report issues impacting unfavorable yields.
* Analyzes equipment performance and inputs work orders into the SAP system accurately describing problems of the equipment and how it relates to inferior production of product.
* Associates degree OR
* 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in manufacturing OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Requires computer skills; mathematical skills; mechanical aptitude
* Strong interpersonal skills and leadership abilities; promotes engagement & diversity
8-12 Hour shift. Will receive 2 fifteen-minute breaks and one half hour break. Overtime is required. Environment - Noise levels will be minimal to moderate and temperature will be controlled. Lighting is sufficient. There is a possibility of slippery footing and dust from dry ingredients.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.