Line Maintenance Representative - RFD
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position: Line Maintenance Representative - RFD
Pay: $54,899 - $65,897/Annually
Required Education: HS Diploma/GED
Travel Required: Yes
Experience Required: 3-1/2 years
Locations: Rockford, IL
What you will do:
Perform preventive maintenance, repairs, modifications and other line maintenance of aircraft, components and related equipment in accordance with specified manuals, procedures and FAA regulations; communicate with all departments within the company; travel for station coverage, training and other maintenance support: work outside in all types of weather; required to wear a pager and be on-call; assist Airport Planning/Properties with property and environmental issues; maintain station manuals, parts and tooling inventory; as needed aircraft deicing, snow removal, GSE maintenance, PMI work; perform other duties as assigned.
What you need:
* Must have HSD/GED;
* a valid driver s license and the ability to successfully pass an MVR background check;
* A&P License;
* 3 1/2 years experience in all phases of commercial transport aircraft;
* ability to independently troubleshoot aircraft systems;
* aircraft systems and technical knowledge, concentrating on aircraft type at the station applying for;
* ability to interpret wiring diagrams and evaluate structural damage;
* ability to work unsupervised;
* good interpersonal skills, communication written and verbal;
* self motivation, integrity, cooperation, professionalism and leadership;
* ability to travel on company aircraft as required;
* ability to stoop, bend, manipulate tools in small spaces;
* work in adverse/outdoor conditions;
* wear respirator/safety protective equipment as indicated;
* lift objects weighing various amounts up to 75 lbs.;
* perform work at heights up to 60 ft.
* ability to obtain SIDA Badge (Federally required background to obtain access to airports, aircraft and air cargo)
* 6 years experience in all phases of commercial transport aircraft;
* 2 years hands-on line maintenance experience on type aircraft operated by ABX;
* Previous experience as line maintenance representative.
* 757/767 Experience