This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
Linux Engineer K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
The Linux Engineer, Level 2, assists in developing and implementing technical solutions to meet business requirements. Works within Infrastructure team to create server builds, server installation, and conduct server and application monitoring/planning. Collaborates with team members to analyze high availability requirements, technology improvement opportunities, and Information Technology (IT) operational improvements.
The ideal candidate will also possess vendor-certified knowledge and have 1 year or more of experience performing NetApp storage administration duties or the equivalent. Experience operating multiple, clustered storage arrays is preferred. This experience should include basic administration tasks that are required to support services that deliver both NAS and iSCSI SAN protocol support.
AS A LINUX ENGINEER YOU WILL . . .
* Implement processes and procedures for maintaining all server environments as well as help create/update documentation;
* Maintain Linux-based servers, both hardware and software;
* Manage in-house developed applications that run on the Linux systems;
* Implement strategies to improve current processes and procedures and identify cost reduction opportunities in order to enhance business operations;
* Identify issues and risks, resolve problems and escalate them as necessary;
* Serve as an escalation resource for staff that provides 24x7 (on-call) system supports.
RIGHT FOR YOU*
* Do you communicate well*
* Can you build customer confidence*
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action*
* Is your manner honest and straightforward*
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines*
* Do you value others' opinions*
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
* Four (4) years of Linux systems engineering and administration
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience with Linux performance monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting, and security hardening
* Strong knowledge of Apache, LDAP, Tomcat, TCP/IP, SNMP, Kickstart and Linux system security
* Experience with VMWare installation, administration and monitoring
* Strong scripting skills (Shell, Python, PHP, or Perl)
* System monitoring experience (Nagios, Solarwinds, etc.)
* Demonstrated strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently and with little supervision
* Ability to learn and master new technology quickly
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Excellent time management skills
* Ability to work effectively with internal development and business units
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.)
* Web proficiency
* Ability to pass required background check
WHO ARE WE*
* An Open Letter from Nate Davis, Executive Chairman, K12 Inc.
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend