Linux Storage Services Administrator/Integrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The Fermilab Scientific Computing Division is looking for a highly motivated and skilled application administrator to work with a small team that manages the disk storage systems for the science experiments and scientific organizations sponsored by Fermilab. We have a mix of disk-only and tape-backed disk storage that is 25 Petabytes in size and growing.
The successful candidate will have in-depth experience in large storage systems and their operations and integration, or have a proven track record showing motivation and ability to learn complex systems, and be able to demonstrate ability to debug distributed systems.
Respects, understands and values individual differences that embody the principles of diversity.
Abide by all environment, safety, and health regulations.
Essential Job Functions
* Day to day operations management of the disk storage applications. This includes
- Monitoring and responding to incidents in the storage systems.
- Incident and Problem investigations.
- Deployment of changes into production with configuration management tools
* Integration of storage software and hardware systems.
* Participation in investigation of state of the art storage and file systems.
* Participation in small storage development projects.
* Participation in on-call pager rotation.
* Experience administering Linux systems or applications on Linux systems required. Experience managing Linux based file/storage systems highly desirable.
* Experience managing systems with Puppet or similar configuration management tools
* Masters of Science in Computer Science or Physical Science or equivalent experience.
* Experience in small project development desirable.
* Experience in managing services in an ITIL framework desirable.
* Experience in managing dCache, EOS or similar large distributed storage systems is highly desirable.
* Good oral and written communication skills required.
* Ability to work well in a team environment.
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
HUMAN FACTORS: Mental Concentration, Sitting, and Tight Work Schedule.
There is no legal requirement that Fermilab sponsor an employee for U.S. permanent residence. As a result, Fermilab will make the decision to sponsor an employee on a case-by-case basis. Fermilab will consider the following factors, among others, when determining whether to sponsor an employee for U.S. permanent residence: performance, length of service, long-term need for the position, and cost.
Diverse People, Diverse Jobs
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.