Linux Technical Specialist SUSE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Technical Specialist role within SUSE Consulting is a senior level consulting position responsible with providing technical direction with SUSE open source solutions to our most strategic customers. The role requires extensive Linux knowledge, skills, and experience within complex and large environments.
Candidate must have expertise with identifying customer requirements, designing solution architecture, defining solution configuration, and deploying and implementing Linux solutions.
As a consultant, this role requires excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
* Advanced Linux and Open Source technology skills
* Advanced SUSE Linux Enterprise Server skills, or equivalent Linux experience
* Strong knowledge of general Linux systems management tools and processes (SUSE Manager, puppet, salt, etc.)
* Solid knowledge Linux provisioning processes and tools (AutoYast, Kickstart, cobbler, etc.)
* Experience troubleshooting and optimizing Linux systems
* Understanding of Linux scripting (bash, perl, python, etc.)
* Networking technologies
* SAP/HANA on Linux experience
* Unix to Linux migration experience
* Red Hat and Ubuntu Linux experience
* Linux on Point of Service devices (SLEPOS)
* Enterprise Storage experience
* Linux systems monitoring tools (Nagios, Icinga, etc.)
* Familiarity with Open Stack and Linux based cloud solutions
Duties and Responsibilities:
* A willingness and ability to travel 75%+ is required.
* Consultant will primarily work with SUSE customers to design, review, and troubleshoot Linux environments. These activities will include SUSE Linux architecture, design reviews, health checks, and solution implementation
* Consultant roles will include working with SUSE's engineering and support teams to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues and product defects
* 6+ years of experience in IT industry. 3+ years of architecture, design, and implementation experience
* Technical skills in designing, configuring, tuning, testing, and documenting Linux solutions in large enterprise environments
* Strong track record in delivering projects to a successful conclusion (customer satisfaction, scope, budget, financial)
* A bachelor degree or related degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience) is required
* Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
* Ability to absorb new technologies and concepts quickly
The Attachmate Group Companies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws in providing our employees and applicants with equal opportunity. Our decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are non-discriminatory. They are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, and citizenship, the presence of a physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status or any other status protected by law.