Lisle Branch Vice President
CNA - Lisle, IL
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Officer position responsible for providing overall management and underwriting resources for our Lisle branch. Directs the development and implementation of strategic and operational objectives for a branch, in accordance with the company's strategic plans. Focuses on building a profitable book of business through agents and business partners. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Drives implementation of strategic and operational objectives with significant impact on the short-term success of a branch and moderate impact on the long-term success of the company.
2. Ensures the achievement of continued profitability, growth objectives and operational efficiencies for a branch, with a focus on account and book-level expense management, pricing and retention of accounts and quality control.
3. Oversees the account underwriting process, including referral underwriting, pricing policies and underwriting authority levels in accordance with home office strategic direction.
4. Plans and directs branch audit activities in accordance with corporate and regional direction.
5. Ensures compliance to jurisdictional and statutory regulations.
6. Leads, directs and has full management accountability for staff in area of responsibility with an emphasis on talent management and succession planning in accordance with corporate strategic direction.
7. Coordinates efforts with internal business partners in the areas of Actuarial, Underwriting, Claim, Risk Control and Human Resources to ensure operational efficiencies at the branch level.
8. Partners with human resources and training to design on-site skills training.
9. Oversees large-loss analysis as appropriate.
10. Participates in industry-related events, such as insurance associations, department meetings and rating boards.
May perform additional duties as assigned. Reporting Relationship
Typically SVP and aboveSkills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Mastery of a discipline, professional field or formal body of knowledge and broad understanding of the critical issues in other related areas.
2. Advanced communication skills which are critical to building consensus across area of influence (external and/or internal relationships), team and/or matrix environment.
3. Strong leadership and management skills demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
4. Ability to drive results by identifying and resolving significant problems within scope of responsibility.
5. Senior level knowledge of the insurance industry, its products and services.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree with Master's preferred in a related discipline, or equivalent.
2. Typically a minimum of 12 years of related underwriting, marketing and distribution management experience, with seven years management experience.
3. Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designations preferred.