Litigation Attorney-General Tort
CNA - Maitland, FLThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- CNA CNA
- Maitland, FL
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
The law offices of Linda Bittner, Staff Counsel to CNA, is seeking an attorney with experience in handling high exposure civil litigation (med mal a plus). Provides full or specialized legal services to one or more departments or specialty. Has ongoing relationship and accountability for the department being served. . Work assignments consist of major legal tasks involving problems of recognized complexity and facts that are occasionally in question for which considerable legal judgement, experience and independent reasoning are required. Handles cases with extra contractual damages. This includes trying cases. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Tries cases including court appearances, motions, discovery, settlement/negotiations and trial practice.
2. Provides research, legal analysis, factual information, counsel and guidance on legal questions or issues.
3. Work with external clients while resolving legal issues. May perform additional duties as assigned. Reporting Relationship
Director or aboveSkills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Advanced knowledge of the theories, principles, practices and procedures of litigation management within an insurance organization.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
3. Strong negotiation, consultative and facilitation skills with the ability to effectively interact with all internal and external business partners,
4. Ability to exercise independent judgement, and to work with and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
5. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and senior level skill in managing ambiguous situations and issues.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree with JD, and admission to the bar in Florida.
2. Typically a minimum of seven years of claims and/or law firm experience with a proven track record of results.3. Trial experience is required. Minimum 5 years experience including jury trials. *LI-LG1