Litigation & Fraud Investigation Managing Director 9/14/2016
BDO USA, LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Litigation & Fraud Investigation Managing Director is responsible for working with a team of Managing Directors to develop a practice and develop strategies for compliance related deliverables and administer programs to develop the skills and professional growth of the professionals within the Litigation practice.
- Oversees multiple client projects for implementation of anti-corruption, anti-fraud and other compliance related matters as well as due diligence and investigative assignments.
- Provides consulting advice in complex compliance related matters for corporate counsel, compliance officers and outside counsel.
- Acts as primary client contact for all questions and inquires
- Leads business development initiatives
- Interacts with high level client personnel and attorneys, as well as Federal and local government agencies
- Other duties as required
- Manages economics of Litigation Services practice area related to compliance services to include determining and administering the services of the practice, overseeing Litigation professionals and ensuring engagements achieve engagement metrics.
- Supervises the day-to-day workload of Litigation Directors, Senior Managers, Managers, Senior Associates and Associates on assigned engagements and reviews work product
- Ensures Litigation Directors, Senior Managers, Managers, Senior Associates and Associates are trained on all relevant litigation resources
- Acts as Career Advisor to Litigation Directors, Senior Managers and Managers, and other professionals in the practice as appropriate
- Evaluates the performance of Litigation Directors, Senior Managers, Managers, Senior Associates and Associates and assists in the development of goals and objectives to enhance professional development
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or other relevant field required
- MBA or Law degree beneficial
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in designing compliance programs and conducting investigations and due diligence.
- JD, CFE or CIA certification preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Anti-Fraud, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering, Import/Export and other regulations, along with operational and compliance auditing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm
- Capable of researching and applying accounting pronouncements in a business context
- Capable of effective managing a team of professionals and delegating work assignments as needed
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with client personnel
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
- Ability to encourage team environment on engagements and contribute to the professional development of assigned personnel
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary contact on assigned engagements
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability