This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Jackson Lewis P.C.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJackson Lewis, P.C. is a nationwide law firm dedicated to representing management exclusively in workplace law and related litigation. With 57+ offices and almost 800 attorneys, Jackson Lewis is seeking a Litigation Paralegal for the Denver office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with drafting/preparation of pleadings, motions, submissions, and discovery requests/responses in federal and state court civil matters and arbitration/mediation proceedings
• Analyze, review and organize documents and data from materials produced by clients and during discovery; and prepare/coordinate document production
• Prepare deposition, trial, and record subpoenas according to state and federal regulations; coordinate production of third-party records and summarize records
• Assist with trial preparation including preparation and management of trial exhibits and other trial-related assistance
• Cite-checking and shepardizing
• Conduct basic research and background checks utilizing Lexis, PACER, Accurint, ICCES, Secretary of State, and social media
• Maintain litigation calendar for the department, and keep attorneys/staff aware of deadlines, conferences, etc.
• Facilitate electronic filings in federal and state court
• Prepare notebooks, binders, etc. as needed
• Facilitate court reporting services, etc. as needed
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Degree or equivalent required; ABA Paralegal Certificate or Bachelor's degree highly preferred
• Minimum 4+ years’ experience as a Litigation Paralegal required, employment law a plus
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
• Reliability, teamwork, professionalism, ability to multi-task and attention to detail are essential
• Flexibility to work overtime as necessary
• Knowledge of Federal and Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure required
• Proficiency in Windows environment
• Experience in document management systems a plus
• Experience with class-action and wage-hour productions a plus
• Experience with eDiscovery and document review platforms a plus
We offer a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity (M/F/V/D) employer encouraging diversity in the work place. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional BenefitsACCIDENTAL DEATH AND DISMEMBERMENT
SHORT-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
TRAVEL AND ACCIDENT INSURANCE
WORKERS COMPENSATION INSURANCE
SUPPLEMENTAL PAY PROGRAM
UNITED CARE 24 - EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
PERSONAL TIME OFF
VOLUNTARY LIFE INSURANCE/SUPPLEMENTAL LIFE
PRE-TAX TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
VOLUNTARY SHORT-TERM DISABILITY PROGRAM
VOLUNTARY LONG-TERM DISABILITY PROGRAM