Litigation Professional Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/20/2016
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Office: New York
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Litigation Professional Development Manager will be a member of the Legal Personnel Department and will report to the Director of Professional Development, the Associate Director of Legal Personnel, and the Litigation Practice Group Leader. This position is located in the New York Office but will be responsible for all domestic offices. Primary responsibilities include:
* Work closely with the assigning partners in coordinating the assignment of associates to on-going and new matters
* Work closely with the partners to ensure that appropriate developmental and training messages are being given during associate evaluations and sit in all evaluations to ensure consistency in the form of delivery
* Get to know the Litigation Practice, its caseload, and clients
* Be familiar with the associates reviews, their matters, their billable hours, and their development goals
* Suggest assignments based on the work load of the department and the developmental needs of the associates
Education and Experience:
* JD degree and four to six years of practical litigation
* A minimum of three years of administrative experience in the Legal Personnel or Professional Development Department of a law firm
* Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication, and organizational skills
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Elizabeth Abrego, Administrative Recruiter at [email protected]. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Milbank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. We value diversity and are firmly committed to a policy of non-discrimination, on the basis of actual or perceived age, race, color, religion, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin and citizenship, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, creed, genetic predisposition, carrier status or any other classification protected by law. Our policy of equal opportunity applies to recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, and all other terms of employment.