Litigation Support Analyst
DLA Piper is a leading global business law firm. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best people across our practice and business service groups. We are looking for collaborative, results orientation people who enjoy working in a fast paced environment and have exceptional problem solving skills.
If you are a highly talented Litigation Support Analyst we want to hear from you! You will be supporting attorneys, Litigation Support Supervisors, Litigation Support Project Managers and Senior Litigation Support Analysts on cases by providing computerized support to help them plan, organize, research, analyze, argue and present their cases in a more cost and time efficient manner.
This position is located in the Sacramento, CA office. Your standard hours are to be determined between regular business hours.
The litigation practice group provides lawyers with a high-level of practice group support and is involved in the day-to-day management of clients and matters.
* Associate's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
* Equivalent combination of education/experience may be substituted for degreerequirement.
* Minimum two years' experience in litigation technology support to include the installation, configuration and maintenance of applications like Relativity, Concordance, TextMap, etc.
* Must have experience with electronic evidence, large-scale processing, document repositories, electronic filing and extranet technologies.
* Excellent project management skills required to manage a variety of complex projects with tight deadlines.
* Ability to work with varying levels of employees, attorneys and vendors with a focus towards customer satisfaction.
* Must have working knowledge of the entire litigation support process to include database searching and reporting, scanning and coding procedures, electronic discovery management, document production and trail support.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills required to resolved complex issues using technology.
What will your day to day look like
* Consults regularly with attorneys and Litigation Support Project Managers to assess their case needs. Coordinates between attorneys, staff and vendors regarding project requirements and work product. Proposes technology solutions to practice group members by maximizing the use of existing software or implementing new technologies.
* Assists in managing cases/projects on various levels and at various stages of litigation process.
* Creates and supports various databases during different stages of the case.
* Assists attorneys in trial preparation and set-up of electronic equipment in the courtroom. Aides attorneys in computerized trial presentations.
* Coordinates conversion of paper documents to electronic combined with electronic data. Designs database design and creation for document review.
* Performs consulting for document discovery and/or electronic data discovery management to ensure compliance with legal requirements, ensure effective management of data and the most effective tools are used.
* Designs and maintains litigation support applications to include graphics for use as exhibits or presentation aids, spreadsheets for automation of mitigation data, and databases for information tracking and/or retrieval of data.
Process large volumes of documents, either directly from litigation software or outsource to a vendor.* Creates and maintains software documentation and/or user guides for various litigation support tools. Trains users on the features of the software and/or tool.
We offer exceptional career opportunities in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and, we believe, truly different from our competitors. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and a dynamic and diverse environment in which they can build a long and fruitful career and reap the rewards of their success.
about DLA Piper, please visit our website.