Litigation Support Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
Under general supervision, responsible for leading collection, review, analysis, filtering, processing, and production of documents for UL LLC litigation, investigations, and other matters.
* Implements legal Holds and manages data subject to preservation holds.
* Interacts with UL's corporate IT staff to manager litigation hold software and retrieval of UL documents from UL data repositories for collection and processing for litigation matters.
* Provides recommendations on eDiscovery best practices; implements enhancements; improves systems; and continuously evaluates effectiveness of the eDiscovery process.
* Prepares and generates load files in industry standard formats for document production.
* Manages activities related to the collection, processing and preservation of electronic evidence
* Trains Legal staff on eDiscovery software tools.
* Serves as a primary liaison between UL's corporate IT, third party vendors and outside counsel for assigned matters.
* Performs other duties as directed.
* University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor's degree) in Information Technology, Paralegal Studies, Legal Technology or a related disciplines plus generally four years of experience in litigation support services with eDiscovery experience.
* Must be highly experienced in using and supporting electronic review platforms, including SQL/MS databases and practice support tools (such as EnCase, LAW PreDiscovery and others).
* Experience with case management/matter management databases.
* Comprehensive knowledge of eDiscovery principles, concepts, techniques, and best practices, including the litigation hold process.
* Working knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM), which supports the development of eDiscovery resources and best practices.
* Strong knowledge of legal terminology and processes, as it relates to litigation, government investigations and other case management matters.
* Broad range of knowledge related to computer technology, network infrastructure, systems and applications, security, and storage.
* Able to effectively work with internal IT support, including leadership, project teams and individuals
* Strong project management and organizational skills, with an emphasis on follow-through skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.