Litigation Support Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Litigation Support Supervisor works as a member of the Litigation Support Group within Epiq's Electronic Discovery division in New York, NY or Phoenix, AZ. In this role, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising and leading the Litigation Support team and will report directly to the Manager or Director of Litigation Support. The purpose of this position is to provide daily oversight, leadership, training, and support to a team of Litigation Support Specialists while providing clarity and transparency to the leadership team, with regard to overall workload, issue handling, and associate performance.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Oversees all daily tasks and workflows performed by the Litigation Support Group.
* Act as first level escalation for any issues, questions, and concerns for the Litigation Support dedicated team.
* Ensures all QC procedures and protocols are followed.
* Provide best practice, guidelines, and standards to team members.
* Manage project queue and deadlines for team members.
* Ensures errors (internal and external) are tracked and reported to management with transparency.
* Addresses and resolves errors with associates while coaching team members toward improvement.
* Provides input to management with regard to scheduling in order to maintain a high level of readiness during all hours of coverage.
* Collaborates across the eDiscovery operations organization, specifically other supervisors, on a daily basis to ensure proper task hand-off and knowledge transfer across all shifts.
* Communicates and works effectively with other company departments.
* Manage expectations and deadlines with Client Services and other Operations teams by creating timelines for project deliverables and estimated time of completion.
* Generates reports from various database platforms for upper management.
* Troubleshoots and resolves issues prior to escalation to operations senior management and/or IT/Development.
* Manages and drives the assigned initiatives around planning, documentation, procedures and continuous improvement
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE INCLUDE:
* Minimum of 1years' experience in the eDiscovery industry is preferred.
* Must possess a strong understanding of electronic discovery tools and technology.Prefer intermediate to advanced understanding of Epiq's proprietary software products (Epiq Analytics, eDataMatrix, DocuMatrix) and third party platforms (Relativity, eCapture).
* Must have a demonstrable ability to effectively lead and manage the productivity of the team, incidents, and drive to problem resolutions.
* Ability to delegate tasks, workloads, and/or projects and also participate as an active team member to facilitate the delivery of timely productions.
* Comfortable in managing detail while also seeing the big picture.
* Role model of individual contributor competencies; is perceived as a subject matter expert in domain knowledge.
* Must be able to facilitate solutions across departments and teams in a collaborative manner.
* Must be able to anticipate and prevent problems while managing incidents to resolution.
* Experience managing projects while working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong communication, situational awareness and organizational agility skills.
* Must be self-directed and foster initiative in others.
* Must be able to summarize and communicate team status and request status to management.
* Must be able to translate larger business goals into actionable items for their team.
* Demonstrable experience with coaching, training and developing team members using an inspirational and motivational approach that aligns with Epiq's unique organizational culture.
* Consistently displays managerial courage when solving organizational challenges.
EDUCATION helps to clarify the situation and expected behaviors; provides instruction and opportunities for observation; provides on-going feedback and reinforcement
* MANAGING PERFORMANCE - Ensures that associates have clear goals and objectives, expectations and measures of success for projects and tasks; clearly assigns or delegates responsibility for tasks and assignments; monitors the process of work as well as progress toward completion and final results; provides specific performance feedback, both positive and corrective, as soon as possible after event
* DEVELOPING OTHERS - Provides support and direction towards the development of individuals' knowledge and skills to effectively facilitate their accomplishment of both current and future job responsibilities; partners with individuals on identifying and setting development goals; helps to identify development opportunities as part of the plan; provides continuous feedback on performance and progress and assists in the adjustment of development plans; ensures management team adheres to business defined talent management practices and procedures
* FOSTERS TEAMWORK - provides opportunities for people to learn to work together as a team; promotes cooperation with other departments; recognizes and encourages the behaviors that contribute to teamwork, continuous support and removal of barriers, appropriately involves team members in decisions and leverages unique talents of the team
* EMPOWERING OTHERS - Gives people latitude to make decisions based on their level and area of responsibility and level of knowledge and skills; encourages individuals and groups to set their own goals, consistent with business goals; expresses confidence in the ability of others to be successful; encourages groups to resolve problems on their own; avoids prescribing a solution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Epiq Systems solves problems faced by the legal profession in managing high volume, complex electronic data. We serve corporations and law firms around the world in practice areas spanning bankruptcy, litigation, class action, mass tort, antitrust, investigations and regulatory compliance.
Epiq combines proprietary software, deep subject matter expertise and a global infrastructure to assist clients with the technology requirements for their most important and complex matters. Our clients include top worldwide law firms, corporate legal departments, government agencies and trustees.
We strive for a cohesive, collaborative environment that focuses on group achievement.
Epiq is a NASDAQ listed company (EPIQ) with over 1400 associates worldwide. Epiq operates globally with key offices in Hong Kong, Kansas City (corporate headquarters), London, New York (largest office), Phoenix, Shanghai (data center only), Tokyo and Washington, D.C.
Epiq Systems, Inc. and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any othercategory protected under applicable federal, state or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq Systems is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.