Live Haul Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 2/7/2017
Iowa Falls, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Reports to Transportation Manager and is responsible for driver schedules for loads hauled by company and contract drivers. Recruitment of contract drivers, communication with contract drivers, and billing/invoicing of contract loads are associated with this position. Clerical duties involving transportation department will be a portion of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Work closely with scheduling and the farms to create schedules based off of production needs, number of available drivers and equipment.
* Determine the appropriate equipment to be used and allocate this equipment based on needs. Review truck, trailer, equipment and other vehicle specifications and make recommendations as needed.
* Responsible for scheduling the repair and maintenance of vehicles and performing minor repairs if needed.
* Work closely with the intersanctum scheduler and farms to communicate any and all changes to the schedule.
* Monitor bills pertaining to transportation departments.
* Review all daily logs for errors and/or violations.
* Submit weekly transportation reports that are used for Transportation KPI charts.
* Responsible for monitoring and directing vehicle movements in times of inclement weather to better utilize pulling and towing resources.
* Follow BSPL and coordinate with farms and health assurance department to adhere to Seaboard Foods biosecurity policies.
* There may be direct reports and supervisory duties.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employee organizations. Bilingual skills preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to effectively communicate with a diversified group of people, including farm management and personnel, drivers, transportation management, etc.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations. Ability to perform necessary calculations for completion of any and all documentation.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Make decisions on routine matters utilizing company policies, procedures and directions from upper management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: A valid driver s license is required, and acceptable MVR, CDL.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and sometimes push and/or move up to 300 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to waste material, feed and hog dust.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but sometimes very loud.
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer