Load Bank Technician-Level 1 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
The Pump & Power Load Bank Technician, Level 1 makes ready and receives low voltage cables, small AC & DC load banks, power distribution items, transformers, and trailers for our rental customers. Ensures equipment is in good working order for rental customers, without down time, using cost-effective methods. The Load Bank Technician, Level 1 possesses knowledge on all of Sunbelt s small load bank equipment offerings and is able to diagnose minor issues.
Pump & Power Services is a Specialty Business within Sunbelt Rentals offering Large Pumps, Generators, Air Compressors, Trench Shoring, Temperature Control Equipment and Desiccant Dehumidifiers to Specialty Contractors, often including the setup and management of projects in a contractor-like capacity. The services provided by this business include after hours response which requires frequent work outside of regularly scheduled hours.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
* Operate basic and advanced hand tools, metering tools, forklifts, pallet jacks, and shop tools
* Make ready and receive low and medium voltage cables, all AC & DC load banks, all generators, power distribution items, transformers, and trailers for our rental customers
* Performs safety inspections on equipment
* Maintains a clean and safe shop work environment
* Provides support to other mechanics engaged in equipment repairs or maintenance
* Performs other duties assigned as assigned by the manager
* Attends all training and manufacturing training as directed
* Adheres to all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements
* Attends and participates in all Profit Center Meetings
* Trade school or Technical training desirable
* Experience with similar equipment desirable
* MUST have own tools
* Exhibit a clear understanding of the necessity of equipment safety and a high level of safety consciousness
* Proficient with computers and modern software on PCs, tablets, and smart phones
* Ability to communicate equipment issues and direct others on job assignments
* Ability to diagnose and trouble shoot complex equipment problems
* On a daily basis, position requires driving for many hours at a stretch, loading and unloading cargo, and considerable lifting, carrying, and walking each day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be physically able to work in a jobsite environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, reaching
* Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions including heavy rain, wind or excessive temperatures
* Night / Weekend On-Call work required
* Ability to travel in state, out of state, and out of country required
* The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.