This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
SCHUYLKILL HAVEN, PA
Lehigh Valley Dairy in Schuylkill Haven has a union
position open in our refrigerated cooler. Excellent pay
and Benefits! The order assembly picker/loader is
responsible for picking orders, palletizing, loading and
unloading products and/or cases, and working any station
or line that is assigned. The order assembly
picker/loader works anywhere in the Load-out/Cooler
areas that may be assigned.
* Responsible for pulling products for customer
* Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized
and manual equipment (when certified).
* May use hand-held tracking device
* Mark the paperwork properly when making adjustments
for product shortages.
* Keep accurate records on load sheets, inventory
sheets, scrap sheets, and computerized equipment.
* Ensure proper code date rotation.
* Report any mechanical problems such as bad
wearstrips, plugged or missing lube nozzles, spacer
stop malfunctions, palletizer malfunctions or
* Report any product/packaging issues.
* Maintain communication with other departments,
management and employees and notify them of any
problems and/or concerns that may restrict the
efficiency of production.
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear,
legible and accurate format, and completed with
required information. Ensure all required
information is documented in accordance with SOP s.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include wearing of all required PPE in designated
areas, confined space safety, safe chemical
handling, fall restraints, etc.
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs
and food quality related to designated area. Report
any food safety and food quality related issues to
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two
years related experience and/or training; or,
equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals.
* Experience within the food and beverage industry
* Must be able to able to stand, walk, push or pull a
majority of the day. Must be able to lift up to 50
pounds frequently and manually stack and move cases
up to 6-8 cases high.
* Must be able to work in an environment where
temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including
overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and
background checks (including criminal).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status.