This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
The Loader Operator position supports plant operations through the operation of various equipment, machinery, and vehicles (as applicable). The Loader Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant s a front-end loader. This includes a high level of customer service in directing and loading customer trucks, locating and relocating stockpiles as needed, and performing various clean-up activities as directed by the Yard Manager and coordinated through the Yard s Weighmaster. Ensures all mobile equipment vehicles receive proper maintenance at all times. Must be familiar with and adhere to service requirements, equipment and operator limitations and safe operating procedures at all times. Must keep inside of vehicle clean and neat at all times. Performs clean-up activities on a routine basis. Performs other duties as directed by management.
* Ensures a clean and safe work environment for self and others at all times.
* Conducts daily pre-shift safety inspections of all applicable equipment and vehicles ensuring proper maintenance is performed
* Operates and/or drives equipment and vehicles as required. Example responsibilities include:
* Operates a front-end loader
* Supplies production facility and/or stockpiles raw feed or finished products
* Inspects, plans and performs plant/yard maintenance
* Stockpiles product during barge / railcar offloading
* Loads customer trucks
* Other duties as assigned by Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Required Work Experience:
* 5+ years experience working with plant equipment is preferred
* Working knowledge of heavy equipment required
* For driving positions, two-years previous truck-driving experience preferred
* Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
* Able to lift 75 pounds
* Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
* Must be able to pass pre-employment physical/drug/alcohol test
* Basic math, reading, and writing skills are required (English)
Required Competencies & Skills:
* Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits
* Punctual and reliable; good attendance required
* Good communication skills
* Self-motivated and eager to learn new skills; must be willing to cross-train on other equipment
Licenses Required: Class B CDL
Internal controls providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources
LICENSE TO LEAD OH&S COMPETENCIES
Implements OH&S Mission: Ensures alignment of OH&S activities arising from OpCo OH&S mission
Ensures adequate OH&S organization: Ensures relevant actions are taken so that OH&S requirements are met
Identifies Hazards & Control Risks: Actively manages risks by ensuring that all related control activities are implemented thoroughly
Ensure compliance with internal control procedures - communicating problems in operations, unwarranted deviations from established standards, and violations of policy or law
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES:
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: