Loan Funding Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 3/10/2017
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
SUMMARY: A Loan Funding Specialist is responsible for processing and managing daily loan funding requests submitted by mortgage banking counterparties. This position will be cross-trained for the Collateral Management Specialist and Loan Settlement Specialist positions and may be called upon to perform some or all functions associated with those positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Reviews funding requests for completeness and eligibility.
* Cross-checks funding requests to BankUnited s warehouse loan management systems database and imaged closing documents.
* Confirms Closing Agent is eligible and approved.
* Prepares Closing Agent instruction letter.
* Prepares and delivers funding request for approval.
* Submits approved funding requests for wire execution. Verifies funding request is executed as scheduled.
* Records all executed funding related data into BankUnited s warehouse loan management system.
* Coordinates with Loan Settlement Specialist the review, reconciliation and verification of all loan settlement requests for accuracy and data integrity.
* Confirms that take-out investor is eligible and approved.
* Approves loan settlements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor degree preferred. Must have 2-3 years mortgage processing, underwriting, closing or related experience and a general knowledge of mortgage lending regulations (state and federal), loan documentation, policies and procedures. Confidentiality required in handling of secure documents.
Applicants to, and employees of most private employers, state and local governments, educational institutions, employment agencies, and labor organizations are protected under Federal law from discrimination on the following bases (please go through following link to read more about it):http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf