Loan Officer Assistant RMR 8/18/2016
San Mateo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Loan Officer Assistant Princeton Capital
Princeton Capital, part of RMR Financial, is in search of Level 4 Loan Officer Assistant (L4). The LO Assistant will have primary responsibilities (60-70% of their time) in the following areas supporting their LO(s); Administrative, Marketing, Communication and Relationship Management, and Processing. In addition to representing LO(s)/PHH in assigned offices, and field processing activities, the L4 will spend 30-40% of their time assisting their LO (s) with sales origination functions. The L4 will be required to use discretion and be capable of making decisions. L4 Assistants will function as a liaison between LO(s), internal team players/department, third party vendors, and agents. They will also interact with borrowers in their assigned office.
RMR Financial is a subsidiary of PHH Home Loans, LLC, a joint venture between PHH Mortgage and Realogy Holdings Corp. Through this joint venture, PHH Home Loans provides mortgage origination services to more than 700 real estate offices within NRT LLC, a subsidiary of Realogy and the nation s largest residential real estate brokerage company. PHH Home Loans operates under a variety of brands across the country, including Axiom Financial, Coldwell Banker Home Loans, First Capital, Mortgage California, PHH Home Loans, Princeton Capital, Rocky Mountain Mortgage and Sunbelt Lending Services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
* Provide administrative/clerical, marketing, communication and relationship management, and processing support to LO(s) which allow them more time to originate and generate new business
* Assist LO with promoting PHH and capturing opportunities by promoting our competitive mortgage products, services, and programs in their assigned offices
* Maintain high visibility/availability in assigned offices in order to assist LO(s) with building confidence and trust with real estate agents and office management
* Address questions, concerns or issues that arise in assigned offices. Work with Office Managers, real estate agents (agents), borrowers, and internal team players/departments to resolve problems and issues as they occur. Monitor the loan process and communicate loan status as needed
* Work closely with LO(s), agents and pre-approved customers to obtain status of home-buying process and purchase offers
* Maintain effective communication with agents and customers to obtain timely receipt of loan packages, executed Agreement of Sale, and all trailing loan documents
* Input application information into system once LO(s) meet with borrowers. In the event the LO is unable to speak to a customer or is out of office, the L4 Assistant will be responsible (20-40% of time) meeting with the customers, taking loan application information, running credit, and qualifying the lead (submitting scenario). They will also pull rates and produce preapproval letters
* Organize and maintain database of current loan pipeline and track loan status as well as appraisal, loan conditions and closing deadlines. Work closely with LO, Loan Processing, internal closing department and external title closing companies to insure loan conditions are cleared
* Assist with obtaining and insure accuracy of a variety of documents. Assist internal closing department and external title closing companies with expedited HUD approvals. Assist LPC and internal closing department with any functions as needed to expedite loan closings
* Perform other duties as necessary
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Experience as a L3 LO Assistant OR 1 year of equivalent experience in mortgage, financial services, or real estate field required
* Mortgage originations experience may be required in certain states in order to meet licensing requirements
* Prior experience in a fast paced, competitive, and/or sales environment is preferred
* Experience in mortgage operations, processing, and/or real estate preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Ability to remain focused, follow direction and apply new operational changes as needed.
* Candidates must be detail-oriented and possess strong problem solving skills with the ability to make quick accurate decisions with limited information
* Must be motivated to set and achieve sales goals and possess a strong math aptitude
* The ideal candidates will be a self starter and be able to manage time while work independently
* Must have excellent communications skills (verbal & written) and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in order to build relationships with a multi tier client base and be able to interact with other departments and vendors in a professional manner
* Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high volume work environment with proven follow up and organizational skills required
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Must be able to meet all applicable state licensing requirements.
* Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
* Builds Strong Working Relationships
* Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
* Customer/External Focus
* Builds and Motivates a High Performing Team (people leaders only)
* Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and have experience working with web based systems/programs requiring moving between screens and filling in required fields
* Position requires the following physical activities; sitting, standing, walking, speaking on a telephone, active listening, typing on computer, and moderate lifting.
* Must have valid driver s license and insurance. Amount of time driving is determined by the LOs assigned territory/offices
TRAVEL / WORK SCHEDULE
* Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends and possess the ability to adapt/change as needed
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
PHH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status