Loan Support Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 1/18/2017
Western Alliance Bancorporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The position of Loan Support Officer is responsible for gathering credit information on current and potential borrowers; assists loan officers in writing loan requests; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. The position of Loan Support Officer is also responsible for assisting loan officers in soliciting, negotiating, underwriting and coordinating the closing of routine or difficult consumer and business loans in compliance with the Bank s lending policies and procedures; developing business checking and deposit relationships with customers, and assisting in attaining established Bank, region and branch goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs.
* Prepares loan packages for review by loan officers. Interviews prospective applicants and requests specified information related to loan or credit application; corresponds or re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application information;
* Assists loan officers in gathering data from customers, internal and outside sources; prepares spreadsheets and analyzes financial information including financial statements and tax returns; contacts customers for additional information and clarification of data.
* Assist Chief Credit Officer in lending and administrative support, including but not limited to: process and maintain existing loan portfolio; assist Human Resources Department with new employees at said location; coordinate audit requests and communicate/assist with auditors on site including transporting files; back-up for loan committee agenda and distribution.
* Assist other offices with customer requests for advances, wire transfers and payments, as needed.
* Compiles data and coordinates efforts of loan unit to minimize loan delinquencies.
* Assists loan officers in coordinating processing of approved loans; ensures loans are processed according to agreement, customer needs and conform to Bank lending policies; obtains sufficient information and/or documentation from customers; solves problems relative to processing and servicing of loans.
* Informs loan officers when up-to-date financial statements are needed for commercial accounts; ensures credit inquires and UCC filings are researched to determine credit worthiness and appropriate collateral positioning are achieved.
* Prepares documentation related to Small Business Administration (SBA) loans ensuring accuracy and completeness and compliance with federal regulations.
* Assists loan officers in the review and renewal of credit facilities; provides back-up support.
* Assists with on-going computerization of the loan review function; volunteers for projects to streamline various job functions.
* Assists loan officers in verification of funds with mortgage companies and contractors.
* Engages in business development activities and solicitation of new business; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank s products and services.
* Bachelor s degree from a four (4) year college or university; or at least 1 year of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Work related experience should consist of financial analysis, processing or lending background.
* Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
* Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in all lending activities, processing and terminology.
* Ability to exercise independent decision-making as needed and/or in the absence of manager.
* Ability to train and assist junior lending specialists as needed.
* Ability to develop marketing and business development skills with customers.
* Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal loan regulations and other Bank lending policies.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and members of the general public.
* Intermediate skills in personal computer operation, word processing and spreadsheet software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email email@example.com or call (702) 252-6257