Local Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Local Sales Manager Job Description
OVERVIEW: The local sales manager position directs a geographic team to develop, sell and service integrated marketing solutions to local business. The position is responsible for delivering assigned revenue targets through managing sales team, developing sales talent and annual business planning, in addition to development and execution of new revenue initiatives across Statesman Media platforms and portfolio.
The local sales manager develops relationships with businesses, engages with networks such as chambers, business alliances etc to uncover opportunities within a geographic territory. Local Sales manager works closely with territory sales rep to sell and develop cohesive campaigns for new businesses. The local sales manager position has monthly revenue targets.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
* Direct and mange a team of sellers responsible for business in a defined geographic area as assigned. Meet and exceed revenue goals.
* Drive integrated sales (print and digital) to achieve digital growth targets.
* Motivate and work with sellers to achieve monthly sales targets thru business planning.
* Engage and facilitate a collaborative team structure to achieve overall team goals.
* In field coaching and rep sales development.
* Develop and maintain client relationships with top 20% of client base as a minimum.
* Conduct one- on- one weekly meetings with individual sellers to provide training, sales strategy, and account management assistance.
* Assist in creating territory solutions to build advertiser penetration in territory.
* Work with territory reps to execute sales initiatives and increase active accounts.
* Participate in team meetings, training, and other departmental initiatives.
* Sales tracking/ weekly projections/ monthly sales analysis/new business tracking/standards of performance KPI s monthly to sellers.
* Work with sales director on special projects and assignments as needed.
Proficiency in digital advertising strategy and product knowledge
Ability to conduct basic sales analysis work
Ability to engage and develop sellers thru multi- pronged approach for successful outcomes
Ability to perform evaluations, goal setting, business planning with individuals
Recruit talent to organization
Coaching and training acumen
Excellent Communication skills
Sales acumen ability to sell concepts and ideas through conversation, presentations and proven closing techniques
Ability to work independently and within a team structure
Ability to multi task
Proficient with technology and general office software
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-TX-Austin-305 S Congress Ave
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time