Local Sales Manager- CMG Athens Radio
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription Are you a leader who gets real satisfaction in coaching people to achieve their full potential? Are you able to successfully collaborate with your peers? Do you enjoy developing integrated marketing strategies for customers? Are you genuinely interested in making a difference in the lives of other people and customers? Do you have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales revenue goals?
If so, your best career move may be with us! Cox Media Group Athens is searching for a highly talented Local Sales Manager to lead our team of multimedia advertising sales Account Executives.
Cox Media Group Athens offers an environment focused on excellence and an opportunity to join a company with a strong sense of customer mission and sales talent focus.
Cox Media Group Athens is home to six top radio stations in Northeast Georgia/Greater Atlanta, including the flagship stations for the University of Georgia sports programs.
CMG Athens is a Google Premier SMB Partner and the market leader in targeted digital advertising.
The Local Sales Manager will be responsible for implementing strategies set forth by the Sales Management team while proactively increasing the advertising, business and marketing aptitudes of all sales and support employees. This position will report to and work closely with the Director of Sales to implement and execute new integrated revenue streams while training our media consultants on how these new products fit into our overall portfolio and strategy. This individual will be an experienced field sales representative with outstanding traditional advertising knowledge as well as emerging and existing facets of digital media including but not limited to; SEO/SEM, display ad networks, video, mobile, social media and website consulting.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading and developing a sales and support team to achieve departmental goals.
* Recruit, train, coach and develop the advertising sales team.
* Achieve revenue goals by leveraging and integrating all core products and services offered along with consistent year over year growth.
* Join Account Executives on client appointments and assist them with targeting, negotiating and closing new business.
* Effectively communicate the complexities of our different advertising services to business owners and decision makers.
* Assist Account Executives in growing key relationships with local and regional accounts and advertising agencies.
* Work harmoniously with all sales and support staff regarding campaign implementation, fulfillment issues, customer complaints, and conflicts.
* Help lead weekly team meetings and conduct ongoing sales trainings.
* Conduct weekly individual focus meetings with all Account Executives.
* Attend events and meetings in the business community, including job fairs and local chamber functions to identify prospects for new business and build a solid network.
* 3+ years experience in multimedia advertising outside sales.
* Sales Management experience preferred.
* Successful experience working in a goal oriented, highly accountable environment.
* Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organization and time-management skills.
* Strong leadership ability.
* Ability to create strong business relationships and develop a sense of team with the Account Executives, sales support, and Director of Sales.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-GA-Watkinsville-1010 Tower Pl
Job Level:Team Leader
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time