Local Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
THE LOCAL SALES MANAGER is an experienced sales leader who focuses on creativity, employee engagement and solutions to lead a team of media Account Executives to exceed audience share of market and exceed revenue goals for all media platforms; television, internet, mobile, and digital channels. The Local Sales Manager manages all aspects of local sales including coaching and developing staff, creating and implementing new business sales packages, overseeing sales promotions, managing inventory, forecasting revenue and recruiting and retaining top sales Account Executives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Recruiting, developing, and motivating a team of media Account Executives to exceed audience share of market and exceed revenue goals for all media platforms; television, internet, mobile, and digital channels
* Supervising local staff in negotiating, packaging and selling of station inventory
* Generating revenue for the station through increased shares of existing business, the addition of new business and the development of NTR business
* Developing and executing special projects and promotions
* Assist in accurately forecasting revenue throughout year and exceed quarterly & annual budget
* Perform other duties as assigned by management
* Periodic travel & entertainment is required
* Ability to build strong relationships with agencies and clients through strong verbal/written communication skills
* Must have a proven track record of accomplishments and possess comprehensive communication and sales skills with the ability to develop effective solutions
* Must be an experienced leader and motivator with expertise in achieving and exceeding sales goals
* Enthusiasm, passion, creativity and a strong background in agency business and new business development are a must
* Must have proven ability to track and approve Account Executive performance on an ongoing basis
* Must be a team player, an excellent problem solver, and have the ability to develop, maintain, and grow client relationships
* Computer literate, with a knowledge of various TV sales software systems, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point required
* Valid driver's license with good driving record required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of 2 years of television local sales management experience
* Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year College or university is preferred
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-WA-Seattle-2807 3rd Ave
Job Level:Team Leader
Travel:Yes, 25 % of the Time