Lockheed Security Officer - Clearance and Experience Required
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
Grand Prairie, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
LOCKHEED SECURITY OFFICER - CLEARANCE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Applicants should have at least 1 year of prior security experience and be able to obtain a secret clearance. A Physical Fitness Test will be required to pass prior to placement. Prior Military or Law Enforcement a plus.
Looking for a stable company with great benefits and growth opportunities* We offer for FT positions, anniversary bonus + on the spot recognition program + medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and 401K.
Allied Universal seeks applicants who love working with people. The ideal candidate for the Professional Security Officer candidate will provide security for Lockheed Martin Facilities, staff, visitors, buildings and property through patrol of building and building perimeters, including parking lots, to prevent unauthorized visitors or property damage and to provide for general building security. Does work as required related to incident response, badging, control center operations, locksmith services, security escorts and site supervision. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Open, close and inspect all buildings, as scheduled by Lockheed Martin.
* Operate and enforce the personnel identification system, vehicle inspection, visitor control, vehicle/personnel escorting, and inspections; also enforce the prohibited items policy, as defined by Lockheed Martin.
* Conduct routine security, fire, and safety patrols, as directed; then take action and report any incidents.
* Discover and immediately report to proper authorities any persons attempting to gain access to the property.
* Prepare and submit required reports on incidents, including but not limited to, accidents, fires, injuries, bomb threats, unusual incidents, unlawful acts, etc.
* Respond to emergency situations, as required by established procedures.
* Identify and report safety hazards, as required by established procedures.
* Perform data entry and badging functions; monitor alarm panels and access control systems; and respond to/investigate alarms and other emergency situations as directed.
* Utilize the established visitor control system for employee and visitor information, as it pertains to access control.
* Where applicable, conduct fire equipment inspections in accordance with external/local fire department guidance.
* Patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
* Execute security services as outlined in site-specific Post orders and directed by Security Management
Qualified applicants for the Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Be at least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days