This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Logistics Management Institute
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Logistician New York, NY
LMI s New York City based team has a position opening for a logistician. LMI s New York City based team is an inter-disciplinary team providing a wide range of professional business services to its government clients including: project management, quality management, audit readiness and execution, engineering services, and strategic communications.
The logistician will work side-by-side with federal government program managers and administrators assisting with the management and improvement of a government facility. The logistician will assist with the execution of the facility s quality management and safety health and environmental management systems. Specific duties include:
* Assist the Safety and Property Manager by developing and/or amending procedures, management plans, work instructions, and other management documents for warehouse management, receiving and shipping property, inventory management, and other safety and property related procedures.
* Assist with conducting inventories of property, tagging property, relocating and moving property as required. Assist with research to determine cause of inventory discrepancies by checking property records.
* Receive and verify incoming shipments. Deliver and store items as appropriate. Prepare and process all related paperwork.
* Prepare shipments by boxing, crating and packaging property as requested. Maintain stock of packaging materials. File and distribute reports and complete paperwork as required. Arrange delivery and/or pick-up of shipments.
* Arrange for warehouse and bays to be cleaned on a monthly basis and escort the cleaning crew while they work in these areas. Occasionally escort contractors while they perform building repairs. Open the freight elevator doors as required. Maintain storage area and vehicle bays in a safe and orderly manner.
* Receive and distribute incoming mail. File and distribute reports and complete all paperwork as required.
* Operate a forklift to move and store shipments received in the warehouse. Safely handle materials and drive carefully to avoid injuring others or damaging equipment and property.
* Operate motor vehicles to pick up and transport staff and property within a 50-mile radius of duty station. Perform weekly visual inspection of vehicles. Performs routine tasks to ensure that the vehicles and forklift are lean and ready to operate
* Coordinate and support large conferences, seminars, and meetings.
* B.S. or B.A. degree.
* 3-5 years of experience with day-to-day management of a facility.
* Experience with property management.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Knowledge of business correspondence.
* Experience with operating a forklift.
* Ability to multitask independently in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have valid NYS driver license.
* Ability to work collaboratively with all team members.
* Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
SECURITY CLEARANCE STATEMENT:
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, LMI will only consider applicants with current security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances. Please note that only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.
New York, New York, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.