Logistics Analyst 8/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Graphic Packaging International, Inc. (NYSE: GPK), headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading provider of packaging solutions for a wide variety of products to food, beverage and other consumer products companies. The Company is one of the largest producers of folding cartons and holds a leading market position in coated-unbleached kraft and coated-recycled board. The Company's customers include some of the most widely recognized companies in the world.
Our vision -- to provide packaging solutions that improve the world in which we live -- can be achieved by delivering value to our customers, building a high performance culture for our employees, creating superior returns for our shareholders, and being an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities in which we operate.
Graphic Packaging has approximately 13,500 employees working in more than 50 locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
The primary mission of the Logistics Analyst is to improve processes and reduce the company's transportation and warehouse costs through gap analysis, data visualization, simulation and optimization modelling. The analyst will interact with multiple corporate and plant functions as well as outside vendors to ensure a high level of data and analysis integrity in the areas of freight benchmarking, carrier and warehouse vendor performance reporting, and savings identification/implementation/tracking. Responsibilities may also include those areas of the supply chain that influence and interface with logistics functions such as inventory management, production scheduling and distribution network design. Positive communication with team members and management is imperative.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: the following duties / responsibilities are representative of the nature / level of work assigned & are not necessarily all-inclusive
* Collect, consolidate, and synthesize data from multiple sources such as plant inquiries, carrier reports, SAP, QlikView, Cass, TMS, mill and plant ERPs, etc. to provide insight into the operational effectiveness of our distribution network and to identify performance gaps.
* Utilize lean and continuous improvement techniques to automate and improve processes by working with all areas of the company to identify process gaps, research options, assemble and lead teams and implement solutions that lead to desired results
* Develop dashboards to clearly communicate system performance and to support trend analysis and root cause identification
* Support transportation and warehouse sourcing award scenarios and reporting based on the freight vendors/carrier's bids
* Support development and preparation of actual monthly savings based on the GPI savings calculations
* Complete ad hoc requests in support of the Logistics team and other departments within Supply Chain.
* Bring clear solution recommendations and options in a manner and format that allows business leaders to make effective decisions.
* Identify strategies to utilize different transportation modes (Truck, LTL, TOFC, Rail) to service customers at the lowest total cost
* Build decision support models in existing toolkit frameworks or develop/identify new tools.
* Anticipates stakeholder questions and evaluates solution sensitivities in advance
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* 1-3 years of experience in Supply Chain, Logistics or Operations.
* Supply chain network modeling and/or simulation using Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru, JDA Supply Chain Strategist, Infor/CAPS Supply Chain Designer or similar.
* Mathematical optimization, inventory planning methods, transportation scheduling, statistical demand forecasting/demand analysis methodologies, Data Visualization and Data Mining
* Advanced skills collecting and managing large data sets. Experience with large databases, SQL, and programming (i.e., Python, R, C++, Java).
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* Bachelor of Science, Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or Mathematics or related field required .
* Master's degree preferred
* APICS CPIM or CSCMP certification preferred
* Work involves confidential and sensitive information. Discretion is essential.
* Ability to work independently and maintain a positive, team-based attitude in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail orientation, and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management.
* Ability to deal with changing project priorities and unstructured problem definitions.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent customer-service skills.
* Works well under pressure, handle numerous projects at once, and meets crucial internal and external deadlines while implementing creative solutions
* Has a self-directed and flexible work ethic
* Availability to travel up to 25%
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.