This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $4 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're excited by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
The Logistics Analyst position is responsible and accountable for all distribution cost and service analysis for the movement of goods (finished and raw) across the greater GAF network. This expands distribution and inbound ship modes such as truck (flatbed & van), rail, LTL, private fleet operations, and includes strategic warehouse cost modeling (Flex Distribution Locations and trans-load operations). This position is additionally responsible for researching the transportation market to identify changes or trends in the industry that may impact GAF service or cost and assist in delivering solutions to combat industry changing dynamics.
The Logistics Analyst position will be accountable for assisting in the planning and establishment of distribution budgets and service goals, measuring performance, reporting, and driving distribution cost performance throughout the network.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Through data-driven analysis of freight rates across modes, equipment types, and carriers, along with market trends, uncover areas of opportunity for Service and Distribution Cost improvements across the greater network. Identify solutions and collaboratively execute to drive results.
* Assist in managing total freight spend on inbound and outbound by maintaining reference benchmark rates, service requirements, market dynamics and trends. Manage customer pick-up and rail unloading allowance costing by performing quarterly rate reviews and updating system accordingly. Research market changes and conditions that impact distribution cost and service and communicate insights to project future distribution cost impact.
* Lead/Participate in all aspects of the Annual Budget Plan as required for the Logistics and Transportation functions. Participate in the completion of the Transportation Budget with the Plant Logistics Managers, Purchasing Managers, Fleet Managers and Corporate Distribution Managers. Actively participate in the Warehousing and Shipping Budget with the Plant Logistics Managers and Corporate Distribution.
* Analyze and identify risks and opportunities to the Annual Budget Plan.
* Provide analytical support and reporting for Distribution, Planning and Site Logistics, including major Distribution projects, such as the opening/closing of Distribution facilities. This includes identifying opportunities in product weight and palletization changes, load configurations, rail and truck loading weights, fleet utilization, continuous moves and backhaul opportunities.
* Perform and distribute monthly and quarterly Distribution cost reporting, highlighting key performance metrics. Identify improvement opportunities and solutions and work collaboratively with all logistics personnel to ensure successful execution.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
BA/BS Degree in Business, Finance, Logistics or Engineering
2-5 years related analytical experience in a high volume manufacturing, distribution, production planning, logistics and/or transportation environment
APICS certification desirable
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
* Advance proficiency in use of use of business intelligence software, i.e. TM1
* Advance knowledge of Transportation Management Systems
* Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills
* Intermediate level knowledge of planning and inventory management systems, such as forecasting, process control, WMS, customer service, and inventory reporting
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., without current or future requirement for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status.
Recruiting agency submissions will not be considered.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.