This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
NFI Industries (Corporate)
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Logistics Coordinator provides overall direction and supervision throughout the Dedicated Fleet operation and provides operational assistance to the Project Manager wherever needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintains positive and encouraging working relations with all drivers
* Provides constant communications of service issues to appropriate personnel and departments, both internal (NFI) and external (Customer)
* Develops and provides analysis of dedicated routes and schedules
* Performs load planning, driver scheduling, and dispatch duties using both Dedicated Fleet and Common Carrier resources.
* Coordinates daily data entry into NFI's proprietary order-management-system, SCMS.
* Works with Common Carriers on both rate negotiations and surge capacity requirements
* Coordinates with home-office Invoicing team to ensure timely and accurate completion of weekly customer invoices
* Ensures accurate and timely completion of daily and weekly tasks
* Provides weekly KPI/performance data reports to both internal and external parties
* Assists Project Manager with implementing NFI's Safety, Security and Labor policies
* Assists and provides coverage throughout departments during vacations, holidays and irregular work schedules
* Manages and maintains driver payroll
* Audits and approves driver expense reports
* Provides assistance to Project Manager wherever needed
* Perform yard checks and random equipment inspections.
* Minimum 1-3 years experience in logistics and/or transportation
* Computer applications experience including MS Office and AS400 a plus
* Excellent customer service, problem solving, communication and decision making skills
* Ability to work efficiently and multitask
* Ability and availability to work extended hours including nights and weekends as needed by the customer
Family owned and operated since 1932, NFI Industries is an industry leader in logistics, transportation, and distribution services. We deliver unique and progressive solutions, service, and relationships to each of our clients across the globe.
Are you ready to showcase your skills and get rewarded for your performance? NFI is committed to you!
* Career advancement opportunities
* Entrepreneurial, innovative, energized atmosphere
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, prescription, disability, and life insurance coverage
* Paid vacation and holidays
* We invest in you - ongoing training and development