This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITY AWAITS YOU
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The positions primary responsibilities are control and coordination of the District inventory operation.
* Maintain simple databases and/or spreadsheets
* Ensure all products and services are procured on time
* Track orders through final delivery and communicate availability of orders
* Manage at risk orders by troubleshooting with suppliers and internal customers
* Source and requisition parts, logistics and supply-chain management and inventory control
* Coordinate the supply and distribution of materials and goods used by the service department
* Support the logistics strategies to optimize product delivery from the suppliers to the service technicians
* Responsible for developing, analyzing, optimizing and standardizing the logistics and distribution processes and systems
* Operate across multiple functions and interface with internal stakeholders to improve the distribution network design and inventory positions/allocations
* Receive requests for materials via email, decide if the request should generate a transfer vs. ordering, and prepare purchase requisitions to support our service organization
* Responsible for leading/coordinating initiatives by identifying best practices and utilizing processes improvement methodologies to improve operating efficiencies and delivery services
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
* High School or equivalent required
* Associates Degree or higher preferred
* Attention to detail is required to be successful
* Ability to regularly lift 70 pounds, equipment and tools
* Computer skills are needed, in addition to accurate typing skills
* 3-5 years experience in warehouse operations or logistics analyst capacity
* Excellent communication, written and verbal required, as well as good math aptitude
Tycos mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
* 80% of the worlds top 200 retailers
* More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
* 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
* 300 international airports
* 100 major stadiums around the world
* Most of the Fortune 500
* 50% of US universities
* Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
REWARDS AND BENEFITS:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A world of opportunity awaits you at HTTP://WWW.TYCO.COM/CAREERS