Logistics Coordinator, Miamisburg, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Purpose: The Logistics Coordinators are responsible for executing the day to day operation of the Verso Mill s centralized function for optimally selecting and assigning carriers, tendering shipments, receiving acknowledgements, and monitoring shipment progress. The Coordinators are primarily focused on one shipping location within the company and will also have back-up responsibility for one or more locations. The position is one of several coordinators that will work together to meet the transportation execution needs of the corporation.
* Manage carrier power and equipment commitments to meet the needs of Verso and the core carrier base.
* Viewed as the expert that is sought to analyze and make recommendations to select carriers and resolve transit concerns. Activities include analyzing data, monitoring and keeping measurable metrics and driving results.
* Optimally select carriers for shipments using the MercuryGate TMS system using experience, knowledge, transit time, and rating lanes.
* Coordinate and execute load tendering for all locations that utilize the
Center. * Provide shipment visibility and status to the entire supply chain.
* Charged with leadership of the outbound transportation process. Delivers result through coordination of tasks, people and process.
* Delivers standardized, streamlined operations with consistent high value services across all shipping facilities and transportation modes.
* Monitor, track and trace all press date shipments coming from assigned mill in order to prevent down press time from end user due to late shipments.
* Providing valid shipment ETA s to Account Representatives when they call.
* Expedite shipments when requested.
* Drive to improve EDI status update process.
* Monitor driver detention time at assigned mill and approve or deny charges, making sure to add them to tender details so that freight bill audit may approve final bills.
* Provide proof of deliveries to our customers
Knowledge and Experience:
Bachelor s degree with 3-5 years business experience in: Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing/Distribution, or Planning and Scheduling. Logistics experience or a Operations Management degree is a plus. Relative experience may take the place of a degree.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required
* SAP and MercuryGate Transportation Management knowledge a plus
* Demonstrate leadership, high stress tolerance, ability to actively participate on a high performance team and an enthusiasm for change are a must.
Verso Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability