Logistics Internship- Tulsa, OK or Plano, TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Hilti North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONLOGISTICS INTERNSHIP - TULSA, OK OR PLANO, TX 189600
Posted On: 08/30/2016 (All day)
For our team at Hilti North America, we are looking for a
An internship at Hilti is your chance to apply your academic knowledge, ability and ambition to a real business environment.
Summer Interns typically work 40 hours a week on various projects in departments relevant to their education and in all areas of the business. In addition to internships at our corporate offices in Plano, Texas and Tulsa, Oklahoma, there are field opportunities across the United States. Those who successfully complete an internship are considered for full time employment upon graduation. Throughout the summer, interns will be exposed to all levels of management and participate in a variety of events, including a one-week orientation with a welcome from our CEO, an overview of the business, hands-on tool training and volunteer opportunities. At the end of the summer, interns give a final presentation to senior leadership on their experience and accomplishments.
At Hilti, our culture is based on teamwork, integrity, courage and commitment. Every employee at Hilti contributes valuable skills and we are always looking for new talent to join our team.
Logistics Internship - Tulsa, OK or Plano, TX
The internship will provide the right individual with the opportunity to gain a tremendous amount of knowledge of the company, our products and Logistics department through the completion of value added projects and day to day tasks. Specific areas of focus may include Distribution Operations, Materials Management, Project Management, Retail Operations and Transportation.
* In pursuit of a Bachelor s degree in Logistics, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or Transportation
* Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
* Proven ability to work independently and in a team setting
* Results driven and proactive, able to achieve targets
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* GPA of 3.0 or above
* Eligible to work in the United States permanently without sponsorship
* Assisted in the re-evaluation of the Freight Recovery Policy, by looking at competitive offerings as well as customer expectations to formulate a new shipping policy to drive Customer Engagement
* Minimized cost per pound for domestic internal freight through maximization of truckload cube and weight
* Analyzed import container optimization
* Increased inventory turnover rate in Hilti Centers across the Hilti North America network
* Minimized out of service area deliveries from distribution centers
* Reviewed and modeled safety stock calculations for optimal availability and reduced inventory
* Standardized the processes that are used when setting up a distribution center and develop a holistic Slot Plan that can be used across the network
* Created a process to make manual stock transfer orders more user friendly for the logistics team
* Conducted a root cause analysis on orders that fail to reach the customer on time and implemented a new process
* Analyzed and recommended changes of the Hilti Center replenishment strategy to improve service level for customers
We look forward to receiving your application.