Logistics Manager Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq Id 20841 - Posted 06/21/2016 - Supply Chain - Bristol, Pennsylvania, US
The Logistics Manager is responsible for orchestrating the goods movement/logistics management process for the Altuglas business unit. This role reports to the Altuglas Supply Chain Director and interfaces with Supply Management, Finance, Manufacturing and Customer Service Personnel within Arkema.
1. Accountable to implement and monitor the performance of the logistics related work processes. Accountable for the plants inbound & outbound material flow work processes, procedures, and improvements for sustainable daily operations which enable on-time material receipts, maximum daily outbound capacity, and on-time shipments. The processes must comply with and support operations, Arkema standards, and the business SAP design, as well as be cross-functionally aligned and with a focus on continuous improvement. The work processes and operations will span:
- Raw Materials (raw receipt/quality management/supplier delivery performance compliance/inventory management).
- Rail Operations (loading/offloading/switching/shunting/equipment maintenance coordination/rail track maintenance coordination/local railcar storage capacity planning & allocation/inbound & in plant car tracking/local train master relationship.
- Truck Operations (loading/offloading/shuttling/equipment maintenance coordination/trailer storage capacity planning & allocation/inbound, local, and In Plant trailer tracking/compliance to Transactional Service Standards/On-time shipping metrics/local carrier terminal manager relationships)
- Finished Goods (storage/handling). Responsible for timely and effective communication locally and into the business functional teams for operational, material, or product issues as well as improvement opportunities.
- The operational responsibilities include coordinating the related training documentation, training schedules, and training delivery with the appropriate business, corporate, or vendor resources.
1. Accountable for the daily monitoring and monthly reporting of the logistics performance metrics.
2. Generating project improvement opportunities and work with Corporate Logistics in implementing them. Focus on continuous improvement.
3. Schedule the operational work assignments and work load across the Receiving and Shipping resources to ensure daily task coverage as well as coverage for off-hours on-call, vacations, training, etc.
4. Accountable for the relationship management and operational performance of the local outbound carriers. Responsible for timely and effective communication locally and into the business functional teams for operational issues, performance issues, contractual issues, operations relationship details, and improvement opportunities. The accountability will require close cooperation and synergies with the corporate Logistics team.
Responsible for communication of production/shipping exceptions to the CSRs that can or will result in a negative customer experience.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The Logistics Manager will work in the Bristol BBC. Periodic travel may be required to plants, to tolling partners, external warehouses, training, and conferences. Travel is expected to be
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.