This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLOGISTICS MANAGER
Purchasing & Materials
Full Time - Direct
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB :
The Logistics Manager oversees the receiving and shipping department to ensure all incoming and outgoing material and goods are delivered on time and within budget. The Logistics Manager overseas logistics personnel and logistics systems related to all shipping and receiving activity. The Logistics Manager is responsible for control and movement of all incoming and outgoing direct and indirect materials in support of production.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Provide leadership to the shipping and receiving department.
* Define logistics responsibilities, procedures, processes and standards and ensure adherence.
* Develop and track incoming and outgoing freight budgeting.
* Ensure compliance of all necessary data entry and confirmation of key shipping information (departure, arrival, customs clearance, POD s, etc.).
* Analyze and implement standard shipping modes for all Ex works freight to minimize cost.
* Ensure on-time shipment of available product to end customer using most economical mode of transportation and still maintaining ODD.
* Operate the shipping and receiving department within budget constraints, including but not limited to overtime, department spending and headcount.
* Ensures the receiving and shipping training procedures are compliant with Policy.
* Recommends optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment and frequency.
* Manages the scheduling of internal company transportation needs.
* Resolve problems concerning transportation, imports and exports or customer issues.
* Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
* Monitor product import or export shipments to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
* Serve as Supervisor of assigned staff with responsibilities including hiring of employees, monitoring performance, administering disciplinary action, separation of employment and resolution of employee related issues.
* Assist and in developing cost saving modes of transportation.
* Devises methods and policies that ensure efficient and economical movement of all materials.
* Develop and implement the inventory strategy and inventory plan including to upper management.
* Recommend and implement solutions to inventory problems.
* Ensures accuracy of inventory records and adherence to cycle counting process.
* Insures compliance with all company policies, procedures, safety standards, and good housekeeping.
* Review and recommend process and flow improvements in the material movement of all production parts.
* Develop SOP s for all department activities and ensure employees are trained to SOP s.
* Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service to the production department.
* Foster increased productivity and advancement opportunities by personal commitment to professional development.
* Four year college degree or equivalent experience in Logistics, Materials, Planning and/or related business areas.
* Ten (10) years of experience demonstrating proficiency in a broad range of functional assignments including proven ability to structure and conduct advanced supply chain analyses in the areas of inventory management, materials management and lean management principles
* Five + years experience demonstrated proficiency in Shipping/Receiving and Logistics areas.
* Knowledge in IATA, DOT, and FAA regulations governing proper shipping practices.
* Critical thinking and logic skills and the discipline to persevere until problems are solved.
* Familiarity with MRP and lean concepts as well as proficient in MS Office software applications.
* Demonstrated track record in managing teams and working effectively across all functions and organizations
* Good leadership and team participation skills.
* Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work and accurately perform duties.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Proficient computer skills.
* Willingness to continue personal growth and development.
* Must be able to read, write and understand English.
* Aerospace background.
* C-TPAT experience (international import process).