Logistics: Product Safety Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Annie's, Lara Bar, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, and then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Join a cutting edge supply chain organization that is focused on Creating Customer Value. As a member of the Logistics Product Safety team, you will support the traceability of finished product across the North American supply chain. You will perform mock recalls and assist in developing improvement plans. You will work closely with our Quality and Logistics teams across our corporate headquarters, General Mills plants, external supply chain, and warehousing sites.
* Conduct reconciliations for hold product across North America as needed. Provide final reports to Quality, Customer Service, Sales, Logistics, and Divisions.
* Conduct mock organic audits to ensure organic certification and warehouse mock trace audits to test our site's capabilities. Investigate discrepancies and assist in development and implementation of improvement plans.
* Ensure sites send inventory snapshot transactions in a timely manner.
* Send out code date error reports to sites to check for inaccurate trace information
* Send out weekly ship/receipt discrepancy reports.
* Field ad hoc questions/requests from warehouse, Quality, and Sales in resolving code date discrepancies and/or providing reports.
* Ability to deal with stress, changing requirements, and short notice deadlines
* Knowledge of continuous improvement and basic problem solving tools
* Ability to quickly learn and leverage inventory management and quality hold systems
* Highly motivated self-starter that can work with minimal supervision
* Organized - able to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks with a strong attention to detail
* Critical Thinking - ability to identify issues and assist in determining resolution
* High level of tact, discretion, and good judgment in dealing with confidential information
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
* Basic understanding of finished product flow from plants to customers
* 3+ years of experience with inventory control/transactions at a manufacturing plant or warehouse